PDA

View Full Version : Viper 790 Vs Audiovox Prestige Aps-996

Rmsanger
10-07-2003, 08:59 AM
Hey I've been quoted on these alarms at 2 different shops locally. One shop is selling the Audiovox Prestige Aps-996 for $414 installed with an extran pinswitch that they will instal for a trunk sensor. The other store quoted me $459 for the Viper 790 installed but I don't know if this came with the trunk pinswitch or not. Both shops are comparable in the quality of their install. I have checked at a couple other shops but they didn't really have products that I was interested in. I have to go the dealer route because I'm incapable of installing this whatsover, I feel that it's worth it to have it professionally done. Give me some feedback between the two.

Bumpin03
10-07-2003, 06:23 PM
id go with the viper if the quality of the install is the same and you have the same features added.

crhye250r
10-09-2003, 10:24 PM
i have the 790xv on my truck..awesome alarm many expandibilities...being as i install them professionally..i exhausted most of them...dual field proximity sensor, window roll-up module, neon on/off, etc.. IF you have any questions about the viper...i can tell ya about anything..

Rmsanger
10-10-2003, 12:00 AM
I pm'd ya with a bunch of questions. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help protect my car?

crhye250r
10-10-2003, 12:59 AM
Another option you might want to consider is a dual field proximity sensor. It is basically a motion sensor. It is a further precaution. I have it on my truck..Keep in mind though, if not installed (and set up) properly it can be a pain in the ***..

A trunk pin switch does not come standard, but any shop could do it for ya. We do it all the time.