PDA

View Full Version : Distortion/ Clipping Problem Please Help.

BIGxCountry
06-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Okay so I purchased an Alpine CDA-9886 some and some memphis tweeters for my 2000 Dodge Dakota. I hooked it all up and it sounded great! The next day I was riding down the road and every time there was a snare hit or any type of Treb coming out of the speakers they crackled and sounded like they were clipping.

I looked at the tweeters and they had little tiny holes the size of BB's. And there were nothing coming out of them, I assumed that I blew them up some how. I faded and balenced to each individual speaker and each one sounded fine even at higher volumes (with the exception of the tweeters, which I am getting nothing out of). When I faded and balenced the music to the front left speaker it started cracking and poping when there was a snare hit or any type of high freq coming through them.

I faded all the music to my rear Orian's and cranked it up and it was fine, with minimal distortion at high volumes.

BUT!

When I fade the sound torwards the front [it displays 13/15 on the HU] everything starts to crack and pop at high freq.

Also after installing the HU when I turn my lights on at night, it blows the panel dimmer fuse in my fuse box.

IDK, what's up with the speakers. I am very disappointed with the Memhpis tweeters, but idk if there is something behind the scenes that lead to all of these problems.

Thank's.

-Matt

Jeremy M
06-08-2009, 02:26 PM
who did the install?

BIGxCountry
06-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Myself.

BIGxCountry
06-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Anybody know anything???

BIGxCountry
06-09-2009, 12:52 AM
wow great, I sure am glad everybody rushed to help me.

rgplayer
06-09-2009, 12:59 AM
Did you hook any wires into the fuse box like a remote or anything. Also is there any kind of crossover or filter on the tweeters?