PDA

View Full Version : Alpine RUE-4187 ('03 line) remote control disassemble

Slaugh
06-07-2009, 02:53 PM
hello, i'm having a frustrating time with this remote control recently... it seems, after all the time of use, dust has gathered between the rubber buttons and the printed circuit board of it....

http://pix.crutchfield.com/products/2002/500/h500RUE4187-f.jpeg

attempting to open the remote control is even more frustrating :crap:, i have removed the only screw from the battery compartment, but making it come apart is really tough... i see detents on it's side, but i think my screwdriver does no good at pushing both parts of it apart... i'm too clumsy and impatient for this sort of "disassembling guess" job, and i don't want to fsck it up...

has anyone any experience with this to help me out? come on, i'm sure someone here has opened one of these before :crazy:

thanks

Slaugh
06-10-2009, 10:17 PM
i thought someone would know :(

anyway, it's not a big of a problem... still works most of the time i need it without much stress... i'll live with that...

straying out of the topic: i'm still in love with my cda-9813... this sexay sounds so great, specially when playing CD's; it's signal is up with some of the best SQ units i've ever heard in termos of pureness, even many decks much more expensive...

i just wanted to show my luv for alpine older lines... so sad a used one go for such a bargain on ebay...