PDA

View Full Version : sales man+ hybrid w/ a dead battery=

thevic24
06-07-2009, 01:43 PM
what dose a dumb sales man and a hybrid with a desd 12v battery and a jump box=?

he hooked the jumpbox to the hybrid battery instead of the 12v battery, so needless to say the jumpbox exploded and he fried the inverters. all this in the middle of the showroom thismorning.
i wont say what dealership i work at(iam a tech) but its an autoway dealership.
shoulda came and got me, would have saved him a $hit load of $$$$$
:crazy:

stuckinok
06-07-2009, 01:46 PM
okay

Flipx99
06-07-2009, 01:51 PM
This could actually be a good story, had you had a nickel's worth of writing ability. Let's see if I can help.

This morning a salesman at a dealship I work for was showing off our new line of hybrids. Because the sit for long periods, the battery was dead. Instead of hooking up the jump box to the battery, this ****tard hooked the jump box up to the hybrid battery. Well, this fellow learned a lesson in electricity the hard way. The hybrid battery exploded and all the inverters are shot. The repair costs on this thing are $$$.

Skip01
06-07-2009, 01:51 PM
I didnt even know you could access the hybrid batts like that.

Any pics, what hybrid?

thevic24
06-07-2009, 02:00 PM
This could actually be a good story, had you had a nickel's worth of writing ability. Let's see if I can help.

This morning a salesman at a dealship I work for was showing off our new line of hybrids. Because the sit for long periods, the battery was dead. Instead of hooking up the jump box to the battery, this ****tard hooked the jump box up to the hybrid battery. Well, this fellow learned a lesson in electricity the hard way. The hybrid battery exploded and all the inverters are shot. The repair costs on this thing are $$$.

good to see that you much more educated than me and have more time to make a "story" out of it.

the salesman actually took the covers off to access the battery, he had no idea that it was in the trunk, not under the hood