PDA

View Full Version : Help Choosing components!?!

lilwheezy7d5
06-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Im finaly looking to upgrade my speakers. I have not been paying attention to car audio like i used to so there is alot of new stuff out and i do not know how it compares. my situation maybe alittle tricky (unless someone has an easy solution around this...)

I have a toyota Celica with 5 1/4" Kicker RS components in the front. The Tweeters required a 2" diameter hole in order to make them fit properly.

I dont know any speakers with 2" mouting diameter. So im looking for a 6 1/2 component set for a small car, i listen to mostly rap if that matters. But i need a tweeter or solution to this hole in my door panels. And buying new door panels is not an option at this time lol.

thanks guys.

oh and im not looking to spend a lot of money. its a daily driver and listened to daily so 2-300 is max. I was looking at infinity perfects for 140 through my job.. But then i see all these new models ive never heard of.

okiedokie
06-05-2009, 08:02 PM
http://www.woofersetc.com/p3581/Blue-62-MKII--Helix-65"-2-Way-Component-Speakers.htm

do you plan on buying a amp???
you can make fiberglass pods for your tweeters.
dont froget about deadener

krainium
06-05-2009, 08:44 PM
I dont know what your budget is but Morel tempo 6 require a 2" hole for there flush mount. I installed mine today.

lilwheezy7d5
06-05-2009, 09:21 PM
yes they will be amped. I already have the ORion hp-2600 thats in my sig.

deadener will definitly be used this time, but i dont do fiberglass and if i did i would be left with a gaping hole in my door panel... that i guess i could fiberglass but i dont know how.

as far as my budget. preferably around 200 no more than 300.