PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help, please.

Rideredder
06-05-2009, 12:22 AM
Can anyone help me find a fit kit for a 2001 Jetta? I've been looking all night and haven't found one yet. I found a couple at Crutchfield.com but when I add them to the cart it says they won't fit. Also the universal one I found on eBay is the same one as on Crutchfield, so that won't work. I'll keep looking though.

Rideredder
06-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Or does it even need a fit kit?

MetalHead888
06-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Can anyone help me find a fit kit for a 2001 Jetta? I've been looking all night and haven't found one yet. I found a couple at Crutchfield.com but when I add them to the cart it says they won't fit. Also the universal one I found on eBay is the same one as on Crutchfield, so that won't work. I'll keep looking though.

it should definatlly have a kit. type in 2001 volkswagon jetta dash kit on ebay and crutchfield.com im sure youll find it,

nuugen
06-06-2009, 02:43 AM
You have a double-din OEM right? The only "kit" for a Jetta is a din-sized pocket, you would install it into the bottom of the radio cavity and install the radio into the leftover din-sized hole above it(or vice-versa)..Metra makes a pocket, part #88-00-9008
If you have a single-din OEM the you don't need any kit at all, just a harness and antenna adaptor..
Go here for kit/harness info:
http://www.metraonline.com/fit.aspx

Rideredder
06-06-2009, 05:52 AM
You have a double-din OEM right? The only "kit" for a Jetta is a din-sized pocket, you would install it into the bottom of the radio cavity and install the radio into the leftover din-sized hole above it(or vice-versa)..Metra makes a pocket, part #88-00-9008
If you have a single-din OEM the you don't need any kit at all, just a harness and antenna adaptor..
Go here for kit/harness info:
http://www.metraonline.com/fit.aspx

I'm not really sure. It's my friends car and I haven't looked at it yet. I saw the pocket kits, but I don't know if he needs it. The only other mounts I seen was what looked like just a trim ring that goes around the HU for a single DIN, but Crutchfield says that it won't fit.

nuugen
06-06-2009, 12:56 PM
If it is a single-din OEM, just lock the cage in and slide the HU in..If it is double din, then grab one of those pockets and you are good to go..Easy Peasy :laugh: