PDA

View Full Version : please help! squeal from front pass. side of car.

tsupra98
06-02-2009, 01:49 PM
so i've got this real annoying squeal coming from the front right of my car. any time i turn the wheel or go over a bump it squeels. i frist thought it was either the strut or coil over. so i replaced both of those and while i did that i realized that the upper ball joint was shot so i replaced that as well. well the squeel went away for a week or so and now it's slowly coming back and getting worse and worse as i drive it more. it doesn't matter if you're moving or sitting still if you turn the wheel or push down on that side of the car is squeels. i'm out of idea's as what it can be can anyone please help me out?

oh yea and it's not a belt and it's a 95 gsr.

Rich B
06-02-2009, 01:55 PM
it doesn't matter if you're moving or sitting still if you turn the wheel or push down on that side of the car is squeels. i'm out of idea's as what it can be can anyone please help me out?

oh yea and it's not a belt and it's a 95 gsr.

Power steering pump is going bad, or its just dry.

Check the fluid, and if its not low you need a new pump.

tsupra98
06-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Power steering pump is going bad, or its just dry.

Check the fluid, and if its not low you need a new pump.

fluid is full pump is fine. if it was the pump then it wouldn't squeel when i go over bumps or push on the pass side of the car.

and also why would it have gotten better for a week or so when that one side was tore into and had a few things replaced if it was the pump?

kappout
a frame bushing.

kappout
excuse me "A" frame bushing not "a frame bushing"

tsupra98
06-02-2009, 02:04 PM
excuse me "A" frame bushing not "a frame bushing"

when i get time i'll look into that. my next step i was going to do is just start tearing it apart and pay very close attention to it to see if i can see anything lose or broken or falling apart or anything that can be causing this

dillinja666
06-02-2009, 02:08 PM
ya the A arm bushing or a swaybar bushing. The swaybar bushings that go bad are the ones that connect the bar to the body not the ones that connect the bar to the arm...take a big *** screwdriver or prybar and torq that MF'er and see if it has a lot of slack in the bushing. You might be able to move it a lil if you pull hard, but if its totally easy to move replace em...

johndoe1234
06-02-2009, 02:09 PM
On the power steering pump, remove the belt that drives it and put your hand on the pulley. Try to move it up and down and if it moves at all(other than spinning) then the bearings are shot in it and you need a new one

tsupra98
06-02-2009, 02:11 PM
ya the A arm bushing or a swaybar bushing. The swaybar bushings that go bad are the ones that connect the bar to the body not the ones that connect the bar to the arm...take a big *** screwdriver or prybar and torq that MF'er and see if it has a lot of slack in the bushing. You might be able to move it a lil if you pull hard, but if its totally easy to move replace em...

will do. bushings were something i was going to check when i tore it apart but knowing exactly what one to look at will save me alot of time thanks

tsupra98
06-02-2009, 02:12 PM
On the power steering pump, remove the belt that drives it and put your hand on the pulley. Try to move it up and down and if it moves at all(other than spinning) then the bearings are shot in it and you need a new one

thanks but it's not the pump...

SethPhillips
06-02-2009, 02:15 PM
check all the bushing's, and ball joint's that have to do with the suspension.

trevor's honda did the same thing, exact same thing, and it was a lower ball joint.

tsupra98
06-02-2009, 02:19 PM
check all the bushing's, and ball joint's that have to do with the suspension.

trevor's honda did the same thing, exact same thing, and it was a lower ball joint.

well we figured it was the upper ball joint causing it since it was shot. i'll also add the lower ball joint to the top of the list of things to check...

jerseysfinest08
06-04-2009, 04:48 PM
probably a wheel bearing that wat it was on my friends exploder

boostet-bird
06-21-2009, 12:38 AM
its probably the ball joint my car did the same thing until i replaced the ball joint now its fine