PDA

View Full Version : horn tweets

thegreatestpenn
06-02-2009, 10:12 AM
PE has some horn tweeters for really cheap, like less than a dollar a piece. I was wondering if they are worth integrating into my car. for the price it seems worth a try, but I haven't worked with horns. Here's on of them:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=272-308

here to buy
06-02-2009, 10:21 AM
dont be gey!!
those are peizo's.
a few of my cheaper bass guitar cabinets have em and they sound like garbgarbgarb lol

i guess you could buy like 12, split the power between them, and put them all off axis and see how they sound, other than that, they will sound like **** turned up.

gotparts90
06-02-2009, 10:23 AM
no they ****. there is a place not to far from here that sells crappy boxes loaded with those and I have been taking them out for people putting in a real horn and chucking them in the trash. THOSE **** NOT WORTH GETTING FOR FREE. If you want some I can dig them out of the garbage can I just threw some in there a couple days ago. I have a few of the Motorola ones too. pay shipping they are yours. (not even worth that IMO)

thegreatestpenn
06-02-2009, 10:24 AM
dont be gey!!
those are peizo's.
a few of my cheaper bass guitar cabinets have em and they sound like garbgarbgarb lol

great insight like this makes me wonder how you could ever get banned :rolleyes:.

gimme more specific info as to why they are "garbgarbgarb" kthx

thegreatestpenn
06-02-2009, 10:25 AM
no they ****. there is a place not to far from here that sells crappy boxes loaded with those and I have been taking them out for people putting in a real horn and chucking them in the trash. THOSE **** NOT WORTH GETTING FOR FREE. If you want some I can dig them out of the garbage can I just threw some in there a couple days ago. I have a few of the Motorola ones too. pay shipping they are yours. (not even worth that IMO)

what ***** about them?

here to buy
06-02-2009, 10:25 AM
great insight like this makes me wonder how you could ever get banned :rolleyes:.

gimme more specific info as to why they are "garbgarbgarb" kthx

ur an idiot
dont be a dumpster diver you cheap ****, or you will be unsatisfied

but if you are that cheap and really want to use them, then re read my other post

thegreatestpenn
06-02-2009, 10:28 AM
ur an idiot

but if you are that cheap and really want to use them, then re read my other post

I'm trying to become "learned" on this, but all you are saying is don't dumpster-dive without specifics as to why these horns sux so bad. So if you would explain it to me it would help a bunch. Yes I did a search on horns, didn't come up with nothing but good. These horns had decent reviews. yet you say they sux so enlighten my why kthx

tez4life
06-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Guys hear use to put those in their cars 10-12 years ago. They ****.

They are very harsh, if I remember correctly, and just sound like *** in general. Honestly man, even at that price, its too much, I would suggest you go with a better tweeter.

thegreatestpenn
06-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Guys hear use to put those in their cars 10-12 years ago. They ****.

They are very harsh, if I remember correctly, and just sound like *** in general. Honestly man, even at that price, its too much, I would suggest you go with a better tweeter.

thanks, i guess i'll hold on to my rsd tweets then.

until I find some nice bullet tweets :crazy:

PaulD
06-02-2009, 02:27 PM
the piezo elements are not very linear, they are screechy or harsh sounding and the horn just magnifies it.

drpeeb
06-02-2009, 02:44 PM
thanks, i guess i'll hold on to my rsd tweets then.

until I find some nice bullet tweets :crazy:

Under $1 each is cheap enough you should just get 'em & find out for yourself, no?? Quick easy little project.

Report back how they turn out if you feel like it.

ngsm13
06-02-2009, 02:54 PM
They sound great. You just need 5-6 of them per side in a passive array to get their full SQ capabilities.

I recommend them, I just picked up 16 for my truck.

nG

kappout
06-02-2009, 03:01 PM
ur an idiot

You should be a professor with that kind of insight... Amazing teaching skills. Truthfully.

CJL
06-02-2009, 03:21 PM
They sound great. You just need 5-6 of them per side in a passive array to get their full SQ capabilities.

I recommend them, I just picked up 16 for my truck.

nG

omghi2uruseriouswtfbbq

galacticmonkey
06-02-2009, 03:22 PM
They sound like ***. It will be like $2 for a pair, so just buy them and hook them to your HU or an amp and see for yourself.

I really wanna hear some of these:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=294-580&FTR=&CFID=8159286&CFTOKEN=77247606

DonH
06-02-2009, 03:25 PM
They sound like ***. It will be like $2 for a pair, so just buy them and hook them to your HU or an amp and see for yourself.

I really wanna hear some of these:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=294-580&FTR=&CFID=8159286&CFTOKEN=77247606

me to!

tez4life
06-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Those B&Cs are prob some loud little buggers, 108 dB sensitivity :eek::crazy:

RowJoe
06-02-2009, 05:45 PM
PE has some horn tweeters for really cheap, like less than a dollar a piece. I was wondering if they are worth integrating into my car. for the price it seems worth a try, but I haven't worked with horns. Here's on of them:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=272-308

Try asking on DIYMA.

mlstrass
06-03-2009, 04:14 PM
I ran 8 of these for a while last year just as an experiment. I run active via an 880, so I had a decent amount of tuning options and got them to sound pretty good and get very loud off like 15watts each.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=272-300

New array is 8 Hi-Vi textile domes per side getting around 10watts each. Much better sounding and louder when I crank them up. Eventually I'll throw the Alpines back in, but for now I'm in more of an SPL mode...

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_324&products_id=8316