PDA

View Full Version : Am I doin it rite?!?

itsbmw
06-01-2009, 07:06 AM
I finished hooking up my alarm/Remote start yesterday. I have all the wires tapped(besides domelight security I need to get a relay for it) I tapped them at the BCM according to directechs wiring and verified their locations using the GM service manual(one that Dealer mechanics use). I have hooked up my starter wire from the alarm to the BCM, ignition 1 to the BCM, Acc 1(heater) to the BCM. I also put the ignition wire from my iDatalink bypass kit in with the Ignition 1 wire. and tapped the wire going to the OBDII port. the other stuff such as tach, parking lights, horn, hood pin. is hooked up.
I am using the RS232 serial port on my Autopage RS-900 to connect it to my iDatalink module.

My car is a 2008 Grand Prix.

That is correct right?:veryhapp:

mendon99
06-03-2009, 12:56 AM
the alarm doesn't come with a + door trigger input option?

does your car have a factory alarm? if so did you grab the disarm wire so it doesnt go off during RS or unlock?

itsbmw
06-03-2009, 06:09 PM
the alarm doesn't come with a + door trigger input option?

does your car have a factory alarm? if so did you grab the disarm wire so it doesnt go off during RS or unlock?

it's all controlled thorugh the serial port from the RS-900 to the iDatalink module. The iDatalink module controls everything on the car(OEM alarm) through the OBDII port:veryhapp:

mendon99
06-03-2009, 06:44 PM
mmm. yea i much prefer to hook them up manually, as Ive seen them fail. but to each his own.

Worlddre
06-03-2009, 08:28 PM
the d2d on the idatalink modules actually work unlike everything directed makes that may work mostly but there will be something always something little

itsbmw
06-03-2009, 08:51 PM
the d2d on the idatalink modules actually work unlike everything directed makes that may work mostly but there will be something always something little
haha. Then I'm happy I bought this module :) too bad it didn't flash properly so I need to go get it reflashed. but it's all good. gives me time to loom and tape all my wiring :)