PDA

View Full Version : DDs are done

HotCtyPlaya
10-03-2003, 01:44 AM
Just figured I would whip out the pic of the DDs after the box and install has been done...let me know what you think....

http://kronixsound.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55

BDIDDY
10-03-2003, 11:00 AM
Just figured I would whip out the pic of the DDs after the box and install has been done...let me know what you think....

http://kronixsound.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=55

Looks good, I like the DD plaexiglassed, looks really good.

ss3079
10-03-2003, 10:26 PM
Looks very nice ... I like the plexi work.

- Steve

Bavarian3
10-04-2003, 03:48 AM
wow awesome stuff. Howcome u opted to have the sub firing to the side. Hows it all sound?

mattj
10-04-2003, 04:28 PM
Looks awesome! real nice job you did there.

i3abyjay25
10-04-2003, 05:08 PM
wow awesome stuff. Howcome u opted to have the sub firing to the side. Hows it all sound?
wandering the same thing?? and plexi work.. i like it.. i like it alot

bass maniak
10-04-2003, 09:49 PM
good job man lookin good!
the plexi adds a nice touch,real nice

HotCtyPlaya
10-05-2003, 12:39 AM
We opted to have it side firing do to the flexing in the truck...the back window/hatch had to much flex so we didn't want to face it that way and we were gonna go with an 8 cube box facing up but we also opted out of that do to flexing and some other small crap...(sound deadening being a pain in the *** especially with the **** on the interior). We then took some hits at my rear tire wells/panels and said wow these things are stiff all the way round and we banged behind the tire and found the same thing...so do to the rigity of the frame and the body we found quite a difference in flexing by doing it this way. We tried all these directions with the sub in a 4.5 cube box and found that one side had less flex then the other and we faced it in that direction....for the records...by ear it is also louder then when faced back...you also have to figure that when facing back the amount of bounce that the sound wave gets will be minimal compared to a zig zagging bounce that we hope the side firing is getting.

Facing it back we felt would just bounce off the back window and go straight to the windshield...while facing it to the side we hope will make it bounce several times more then that along the sides of the truck....

We will see how this turns out at my sound competition at englishtown tomorrow...

Any suggestions on having the seats up in the back or down...???