PDA

View Full Version : Direct Tv Equipment-ALL U NEED

aaronmj
05-29-2009, 02:58 PM
i just recently switched over to dish network so all my direct tv stuff has to go. i have the dish, 2 reciever boxes, 2 remotes, everything u will need. i have all the paperwork. All u will need is to purchase the service monthly. all great condition

200+ shipping

aaronmj
05-29-2009, 03:11 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/ofskyb.jpg

ramk1018
05-29-2009, 03:14 PM
dont you get it for free when u sign up with them?

gymfreak101
05-29-2009, 03:14 PM
just to help you out you don't own any of that stuff even if you bought your boxes say at bestbuy. They will fine you for trying to sell it. Also isn't all this stuff free with activation. Just trying to keep you out of trouble.

bigaudiofanati2
05-29-2009, 03:15 PM
I will never go with dish network had directv for over 12 years now love them just get better every year. And yes free equipment with activation not trying to tick you off just letting you know. But come to think of it I think it is standard dish not the big boy.

Scoobydoo
05-29-2009, 03:16 PM
i think you only get it free if you sign a contract, like a cell phone

buying it second hand means no contract so you only pay monthly until you realise the service ***** and you discontinue it

Flipx99
05-29-2009, 03:17 PM
just to help you out you don't own any of that stuff even if you bought your boxes say at bestbuy. They will fine you for trying to sell it. Also isn't all this stuff free with activation. Just trying to keep you out of trouble.

Hmmm....

When I bought my house, it had two dishes. I unbolted them and through them in the dumpster.

gymfreak101
05-29-2009, 03:18 PM

buying it second hand means no contract so you only pay monthly unlit you realize the service ***** and you discontinue it

you can't pay just monthly, you have to sign a contract ecspecially for hd which is what the slimline dish is for. My little brother works for them on the weekend while he is in school. And you can never own the box they are just leased even if you buy it from bestbuy.

gymfreak101
05-29-2009, 03:18 PM

buying it second hand means no contract so you only pay monthly unlit you realize the service ***** and you discontinue it

you can't pay just monthly, you have to sign a contract ecspecially for hd which is what the slimline dish is for. My little brother works for them on the weekend while he is in school. And you can never own the box they are just leased even if you buy it from bestbuy.

Scoobydoo
05-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Hmmm....

When I bought my house, it had two dishes. I unbolted them and through them in the dumpster.

i had directv for a few months and when i moved they asked me to leave the dish so the new owners would be tempted to use their service

they said they would give me a new dish after i moved, but i never went back to them

Scoobydoo
05-29-2009, 03:20 PM

well screw that then, contracts on anything ****

Flipx99
05-29-2009, 03:21 PM
i had directv for a few months and when i moved they asked me to leave the dish so the new owners would be tempted to use their service

they said they would give me a new dish after i moved, but i never went back to them

I think they are ugly and wouldn't subscribe to the service if it was $5/mo. I guess there is a difference between the dish and the receiver.

Flipx99
05-29-2009, 03:22 PM

By definition, you cannot buy it from BBY if it's a leased product. BBY couldn't legally sell something they do not own. This makes no sense.

gymfreak101
05-29-2009, 03:26 PM
By definition, you cannot buy it from BBY if it's a leased product. BBY couldn't legally sell something they do not own. This makes no sense.

no its like this I got a hd hdvr for my bedroom to replace a regular hd box, I bought the hd box from bestbuy for 99 dollars , when I called to get the hd dvr box activated they asked if I needed a return box for my hd box because its just leased even if you get it from bestbuy. So I don't know what the deal is then. The only time the boxes are free is when you sign a new contract.