PDA

View Full Version : Alpine CDA-9813, ERROR

mikesmith0890
05-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Hey all, i just picked up a used Alpine CDA-9813, Seemed to be in really great shape, worked really well for about a week, and then a few days afterwards it started giving an ERROR message on the display. When this happens, the tuner will not work, nor will it eject cds.

Is there a fix for this? Or any idea what may be causing it??

Thanks

AlterEgo99
05-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Hey all, i just picked up a used Alpine CDA-9813, Seemed to be in really great shape, worked really well for about a week, and then a few days afterwards it started giving an ERROR message on the display. When this happens, the tuner will not work, nor will it eject cds.

Is there a fix for this? Or any idea what may be causing it??

Thanks

What source were you listening to when you get the error message? Does it say anything other than ERROR? Like "Error 02"? My Alpine CDA-9887 manual states that if I simply get "Error", try changing channels or consult your Alpine dealer. As it was used, it may cost you.

Also, do you have the manual? If not, you can probably get it either on the Crutchfield website or the Alpine USA site.

ngsm13
05-28-2009, 07:39 PM
Power cycle the unit.

Anything happen regularly right before the error message happens?

nG

mikesmith0890
05-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Generally i get the error message when playing a cd, it hasnt done it while on the FM Tuner. I do have a manual and it doesnt say much about just Error.. which is all it says.

And itll just stop playing the track like it froze up, then finally give the error message, and when it does neither the CD source, nor the radio tuner will work.

ngsm13
05-28-2009, 10:32 PM
Mine did that a few times but only when I had MASSIVE amounts of bass like 35hz or lower... it would **** itself and give an error.

I'd power cycle it and it would be fine.

nG

AlterEgo99
05-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Generally i get the error message when playing a cd, it hasnt done it while on the FM Tuner. I do have a manual and it doesnt say much about just Error.. which is all it says.

And itll just stop playing the track like it froze up, then finally give the error message, and when it does neither the CD source, nor the radio tuner will work.

Well, as you can probably tell, the manual is gonna say this is a general error and call Alpine tech support. Not very helpful, but there you are. I guess a re-boot wouldn't hurt. :wow:

mikesmith0890
05-29-2009, 04:47 AM
ive reset it manually, swapped out cd players, tried different power sources, the old cd player works fine, plays everything great (doesnt sound as great due to the fact of not having as many tuning features its an alpine 9820xm) but nothing works. It seems to happy progressively more often.

Sometimes it'll take me several times before i can even get the cd player to respond. Turning the power on and off, sometimes 10 times in a row still doesnt work.

Can the unit be serviced, or would the price outweigh the cost of the unit?

AlterEgo99
05-29-2009, 09:52 AM
Can the unit be serviced, or would the price outweigh the cost of the unit?

Yes, Alpine will service it but you will have to ship it to their location in CA, pay for the shipping and they charge $95 (I think) flat fee just to look at it. If it can be fixed, they will fix it for whatever the repair may cost. If you were the original owner, even if it is out of warranty, I believe they will replace the unit with a refurb if the unit you sent cannot be repaired.

Not sure what you paid for the unit, but you are right in that it may cost you more to fix it than you paid for it. Alas, it always seems to be that way with this stuff! :p:

Unless there is someone out here on the forum who repairs HU's? I know we have some amp folks out there. Just a thought...

ngsm13
05-29-2009, 01:30 PM
You can send it in, probably be less than $75...

nG

Fast1one
05-29-2009, 01:38 PM
My old deck :( Sad to hear this, I got another coming in because I miss it. Kinda makes me nervous now, I hope it last a while.

Definitely give alpine a call. I don't think its a flat fee to look at it. Im pretty sure its a flat fee to FIX it. Could be wrong though. I wish you luck, it was a solid deck when I owned it. Better than anything out today IMO

godhatescivics
05-29-2009, 01:43 PM
i got a mint 9813 ill sell you for 150 shipped