PDA

View Full Version : Crossover Question

kcollazo86
05-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Hello I have a question i wanted to get a better sound for my Highs and Mids and wanted to know what Crossovers or maybe even bass blockers i can use to better my sounds my voice setup is

2 10" Ev DL10X the impedance is 8 ohms 100-2000 hz

2 6.5" beymas 6mi90 the impedance is 8 ohms and the freq 150hz- 8.0khz

i dont remeber what kind of tweeters but there 4" dome titanium bullet tweeters there 8 ohms

The amp i have runing to this is a SoundStream TRX 4.880

hopefully somone can lead me in the right direction :D

pjhabit
05-27-2009, 12:16 AM
Your amp has adjustable crossovers built-in (HPF 50Hz-500Hz & LPF 50Hz-150Hz).
Are you talking about a passive x/o for the mids & tweets?

kcollazo86
05-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Yeah I knew I had a crossovers on the amp. Just thought I could clear my voice alittle more... is there anything I can do to get a better and maybe little more louder voice out of my speakers each speaker is ran to there own channel... but they had told me to run everything and bridge it and run it al to one channel and just get bass blockers for the speakers but tha sounds alittle nuts to me...

Litunerkid
05-27-2009, 11:52 AM
being that that beyma play up fairly high you can find a crossover with a higher high pass filter. 5 k or so woud be fine.check out partsexpress.com and look at the dayton 3 way crossovers.

07BronzeFuz
05-27-2009, 11:58 AM
can you adjust the slope on it from 0 to 180? Would that help

kcollazo86
05-31-2009, 10:42 PM
yes if im not mistaking i can mess with the slope... but what if i get a Equalizer would that help me on my system more to get a better sounds or its not worth it ? would like to get the opinion on somone before i jump into something thanks guys ;)

pjhabit
06-01-2009, 06:09 AM
each speaker is ran to there own channel... but they had told me to run everything and bridge it and run it al to one channel and just get bass blockers for the speakers but tha sounds alittle nuts to me...
So you're powering each speaker independently on its own channel, resulting in the full range of frequencies being produced by each speaker...correct?
If so you'll need a HU, amp or external processor w/ active crossover capabilities to filter out the frequencies the drivers don't like. I would'nt recommend it to a novice w/o a good understanding of crossovers/slopes & phase relationships.
Or you can get a passive crossover & take an educated guess @ what x/o points will work best. It would kinda be a shot in the dark, but then you could bridge the amp & send each channel to the passive x/o which will then split the frequencies between the front speakers accordingly.
I think your best bet would be to sell the fronts & pickup a new set of components. Bridge the amp & use the passive crossover that is supplied/designed for the comps.

can you adjust the slope on it from 0 to 180? Would that help No. I think you're referring to phase

kcollazo86
06-01-2009, 06:14 PM
So you're powering each speaker independently on its own channel, resulting in the full range of frequencies being produced by each speaker...correct?
If so you'll need a HU, amp or external processor w/ active crossover capabilities to filter out the frequencies the drivers don't like. I would'nt recommend it to a novice w/o a good understanding of crossovers/slopes & phase relationships.
Or you can get a passive crossover & take an educated guess @ what x/o points will work best. It would kinda be a shot in the dark, but then you could bridge the amp & send each channel to the passive x/o which will then split the frequencies between the front speakers accordingly.
I think your best bet would be to sell the fronts & pickup a new set of components. Bridge the amp & use the passive crossover that is supplied/designed for the comps.

No. I think you're referring to phase

Thanks this helps alot .. Do you guys think getting a eq will do me any good if so which. One is a good one ? ThAnks