PDA

View Full Version : Remote Start - Get it working?

saleen8927
05-25-2009, 05:41 AM
So I was working under the dash of my car the other day, and realized the previous owner had an Autopage RS-615 remote start installed, as well as a Directed Electronics 556U Universal Remote Start Interface. Looks like there are three relays hooked to the system (doors & trunk??). When I purchased the car, I only got one key, and no remote start transmitter.....I read on here that it's possible a second key is actually in the remote start system because of the security transmitter, but I don't see one anywhere, unless it's actually inside one of those two modules. If I'm reading the description of the Directed Electronics piece correctly, it sounds like that bypasses the security key.

Assuming this system is hooked up (appears to be) and working correctly, if I buy a replacement transmitter should it be plug-and-play, or would I need a second key? Anything else I might potentially need to get this working? The car is a 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8.

itsbmw
05-25-2009, 10:53 AM
I would think if they already have that stuff in there all you need to do is test it to make sure it does what it's supposed to do. If it works fine just wire you're new alarm in :)

Mike465
05-25-2009, 01:58 PM
So I was working under the dash of my car the other day, and realized the previous owner had an Autopage RS-615 remote start installed, as well as a Directed Electronics 556U Universal Remote Start Interface. Looks like there are three relays hooked to the system (doors & trunk??). When I purchased the car, I only got one key, and no remote start transmitter.....I read on here that it's possible a second key is actually in the remote start system because of the security transmitter, but I don't see one anywhere, unless it's actually inside one of those two modules. If I'm reading the description of the Directed Electronics piece correctly, it sounds like that bypasses the security key.

Assuming this system is hooked up (appears to be) and working correctly, if I buy a replacement transmitter should it be plug-and-play, or would I need a second key? Anything else I might potentially need to get this working? The car is a 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8.

As far as the relays two of them are for the door locks. Dodge uses a one wire door lock system so two of the relays are used for the door locks. You should see some inline resistors on the relay bank for your lock and unlock pulse. The third relay is going to be for trunk pop.

As far as not being able to find the key is will located inside of the 556U. If you remove the 4 screws on the bottom you will find the key inside. All you need to do is go buy a new remote for the unit and find the valet switch and download the program manual and program the new remote to the unit and you will be good to go.

saleen8927
05-26-2009, 09:34 PM
awesome, thanks for the help. Where might I find the valet switch?

itsbmw
05-27-2009, 06:06 AM
awesome, thanks for the help. Where might I find the valet switch?

possibly in the glove box, I think that's where most people put them.

THUNDERBIRD
05-27-2009, 09:02 PM
might not even be hooked up. we leave them off alot

saleen8927
06-12-2009, 09:22 PM

that's a possiblity, as I can't seem to find it anywhere (not that I know what it would look like, but I don't see any stray switches or buttons anywhere). If it's not hooked up, how do I program the transmitter? I have the transmitter now, and the instructions say to press the valet switch twice and hold on the second press to enter programming mode.

itsbmw
06-13-2009, 10:44 AM
that's a possiblity, as I can't seem to find it anywhere (not that I know what it would look like, but I don't see any stray switches or buttons anywhere). If it's not hooked up, how do I program the transmitter? I have the transmitter now, and the instructions say to press the valet switch twice and hold on the second press to enter programming mode.

I know that my autopage has a 2 pin connector I have to plugin to the brain for the switch. if you just find a way to "rig" two wires in there you can just touch the 2 wires together twice then hold them:eek: once it chirps just hold down anybutton on the remote then turn the ignition off or on from whatever it was in. I can swear its turn it off and on 3 times then put it in on. I can get my RS-900 manual out if you need help:veryhapp:

saleen8927
06-13-2009, 10:27 PM
I know that my autopage has a 2 pin connector I have to plugin to the brain for the switch. if you just find a way to "rig" two wires in there you can just touch the 2 wires together twice then hold them:eek: once it chirps just hold down anybutton on the remote then turn the ignition off or on from whatever it was in. I can swear its turn it off and on 3 times then put it in on. I can get my RS-900 manual out if you need help:veryhapp:

that's exactly what the manual says (I looked it up online). I'll give that a shot...just one question...there's two 2 pin (and 2 3 pin) connectors on the brain...one 2 pin is blue, one 3 pin is red, and the other two are white. There's a white 2 pin and a white 3 pin not connected to anything, I assume they go to the white ones...the blue 2 pin is the valet, right? What's the red 3 pin for?

saleen8927
06-14-2009, 07:30 PM
ok, here's a pic of what I'm looking at. I hooked the white 2pin connector (which has one black wire going to it) into the white 2pin male on the brain, and the white 3pin connector (which has a red and blue wire going to it) to the white 3pin male on the brain. I touched a wire to each pin in the blue 2pin on the brain, cycled the key 3 times as instructed by the manual, and touched the wires once quickly and again for a few seconds....nothing. Any insight? Am I missing something, or doing something wrong?

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u153/saleen8927/300c/DSC07900.jpg

Worlddre
06-14-2009, 08:57 PM

im going to need you to stop doing that :)

op its not as simple as just touching wires randomly there is a specfic sequence you must go through to get the alarm into progamming mode. FInd the manual for the alarm and use the given sequence just substitiute pressing the valet button with touching wires in the twopin connector

itsbmw
06-14-2009, 11:28 PM
for my alarm it was 3 key cycles leaving it in the on position after the 3rd complete on/off. (on/off, on/off, on/off, on) then valet button once then on the second one hold it until it chirps a few times. I think the LED will blink once or twice(dont remember) then press any button on the remote till the LED lights up or the car chirps. do this for as many transmitters as you have. turn the key to the off position. Done. (It should chirp a good 2-3 times with a long one after that) Also I think my valet switch had a blue connector. If you PM me I can get you the colors of my connectors.. but I might be wrong so dont short circuit the brain..

I can swear that's what I did for my RS-900.

saleen8927
06-15-2009, 09:08 PM
that's the exact sequence I tried - no luck. Maybe the brain is already fried, and that's why the connectors were disconnected and the transmitter didn't come with the car?

itsbmw
06-15-2009, 10:35 PM
that's the exact sequence I tried - no luck. Maybe the brain is already fried, and that's why the connectors were disconnected and the transmitter didn't come with the car?

you sure it's all plugged in. like the power is plugged in, grounded, has 12v etc.?

saleen8927
06-21-2009, 08:11 PM
you sure it's all plugged in. like the power is plugged in, grounded, has 12v etc.?

I'm not, but I'm not actually sure how to check that. I wasn't able to trace the wires to the end. Is there a way I can check it from the end that plugs into the unit, or will I need to completely take apart the dash and trace the wires to the end?

itsbmw
06-22-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm not, but I'm not actually sure how to check that. I wasn't able to trace the wires to the end. Is there a way I can check it from the end that plugs into the unit, or will I need to completely take apart the dash and trace the wires to the end?

If you have a DMM you can check the voltage from the end plugs..

saleen8927
06-24-2009, 08:54 PM
it has power, but it seems there's no antenna....I give up.

itsbmw
06-25-2009, 01:03 AM
it has power, but it seems there's no antenna....I give up.

Lol the antenna should be a plug that is all black with 1 white or gray strip at the end.. Man you are getting raped:crap: