PDA

View Full Version : woofer box in a bimmer

abmwfastrthanu
09-30-2003, 09:47 PM
i have a 95 bmw, and the problem i have is that i loose alot of sound because of bmw trying to seal off the trunk. i have image dynamic ID Max 12" sub, audiobahn 1800 watt amp. bought i crappy wal mart box and it just isnt cutting it, so trying to decide weather or not to go enclosed..big,medium,small box/ or ported? drop me some advise if you have had this problem. has any one ever tried putting a sub in the arm rest in the back seat of a bimmer?

thanks

318iSPOLKMoMo
09-30-2003, 11:32 PM
Just punch a hole in the ski rack... and put the box in the middle of ur car, with the subwoofer pointing to the cabin... Ur set I got luck because my rear seats fold down

abmwfastrthanu
10-01-2003, 08:02 AM
not sure what you mean by ski rack, i have dissasembled the entire back seat/trunk to run the wires to the battery, and i guess by the ski rack you mean part of the metal wall between the cabin and the trunk that looks like it is preforated/outlined?

Bumpin03
10-01-2003, 03:37 PM
i cant help you with your trunk problems, but if you want it to get louder, go with a large ported enclosure.

318iSPOLKMoMo
10-01-2003, 06:03 PM
not sure what you mean by ski rack, i have dissasembled the entire back seat/trunk to run the wires to the battery, and i guess by the ski rack you mean part of the metal wall between the cabin and the trunk that looks like it is preforated/outlined?
exactly.....

bmw x5
10-06-2003, 05:38 PM
i traded in my 2002 325ci in for an x5 . it may be an option in your back seat with the ski bag setup. try folding down your console and pulling on the leathertte > it should be velcro then u will see the metal backing >>it should come down and there u go >put the box right there and your inbuisiness get 12' ported dude

abmwfastrthanu
10-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Don't forget to take the speakers out of the rear deck ...

Also, why would you buy an awesome sub like an iDMAX and then put it in a piece of **** Walmart box ? You may as well buy a Road Gear sub when you do that ...

walmart box, just for something quick, but now i see what the meaning of worthless is... why would i have to take the speakers out of the rear deck?

anyway making a new box right now, wow, what a variety of b.s. you can try to make it look good while still battling for the optimum cubic feet.

also, i recently burned a voice coil in the sub, and i sent it to IMAGE and they said it was a result of the amp.....could this be from a ground wire that is too long (6 feet) instead of the optimum 3 feet or less?

thanks for the feedback guys, i appreciate it

abmwfastrthanu
10-07-2003, 11:09 AM
correct, it is 1800 but that is max, at 1 ohm, im running 4 gauge wire and 2 ohms on the sub which is only 1200 on the amp, and 4 gauge cant really carry that much juice, so i guess it evens out?

bmw x5
10-12-2003, 03:36 AM
is your amp pushing out MAX watts ?? it can be from your speakers getting distorted and u think its loud bass realy its burning your coils inside !! ive blow 4 dvd this year from doing that >>> turn your gains down and throw out B>S> Box that dont fit your measurments >>>>