PDA

View Full Version : Upfire subs in a stang

maddskillzz
05-24-2009, 09:57 PM
ok the car im doing this in is the one in my avatar...currently i am using around a 1 cube per sealed and the reason i have such a small box is the opening behind the seats is only around 12 inches so a foward or rear firing box is out. I have never fired one up into the trunk lid so im kinda curious what you guys think...The concern is that it will just rattle like hell and sound like ****. sub and amp setup is in my sig

PaulThompson229
05-24-2009, 09:59 PM
It will, I has a stang and tried it and it didn't work out well, use a cut off tool and cut the sheet metal for a bigger opening, the pannels will cover it up when replaced.

maddskillzz
05-24-2009, 10:02 PM
yeah i kinda thought that...ive seen a few people on here doing it but i just cant see anyway around it rattling the paint off the car...lol

PaulThompson229
05-24-2009, 10:07 PM
In some cars it works ok, Mustangs seem to have particularly weak trunk hinges/latches though.

maddskillzz
05-24-2009, 10:09 PM
may just build a box like i have i with more space...it has a slanted front to allow for a smaller over all height

Bullet03
05-24-2009, 10:21 PM
had the same prob in my mustang, pull out ur backseat, use a pair of metal snips to cut the ends of the metal strip on top, and a pair of kleins to bend it up, gives u alot more room to slide the box in the trunk, but up firing on a mustang is horrible.. rattles way to much, my kicker cvr12s are facing inside the cabin, throuh the trunk openin and its very loud.

Beaver1992
05-24-2009, 10:33 PM
yea take out your backseat for a lil more headroom. i have a slot ported box for two twelves thats like 13.5 inches tall that barely fit with the seat out.

LaserRed38
05-25-2009, 12:59 AM
I hate my trunk. And these cars are rattle traps no matter what. Also, I have a rear shock tower brace that prevents me from sliding a box in from the rear seat. And it limits what goes in through the trunk opening. But dammit it helps the handling! Haha...

Bullet03
05-28-2009, 01:22 AM
i must be lucky then.. all that rattles on mine is the damm license plate, which will be fixed tomorrow mornin'. my spoiler has its times when it rattles..but not often.

LaserRed38
05-28-2009, 01:26 AM
After years of bumping a system and driving thousands of miles on my favorite twisty mountain road, rattles and squeaks develop everywhere. Just wait until you get some real midbass in there. The headliner and rear deck/interior 1/4 panels vibrate a lot too. I've used two cans of expanding foam on those two areas alone...