PDA

View Full Version : All of a sudden no sound

ps2cho
05-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Hi guys,

My Pioneer unit has been working fine for about 2 weeks then all of a sudden midway through driving all sound cut out abruptly. I have checked all wiring and its perfect. The unit turns on and functions fine...but there is no sound at any of the speakers!

I checked the fuse and its fine too. I also tried radio/cd/ipod and none work.

Has this ever happened before to anybody? Any ideas? Should I just return it and maybe get a better brand?

nineball
05-23-2009, 11:45 PM
pioneer is a good brand. if it stopped working 2 weeks after installation then return it. depending on where you bought it be prepared for them to ask for a receipt for the installation, and if you did it yourself they may not honor it. if that is the case then contact pioneer and setup a repair with them. usually so long as you have a valid receipt they will repair it under warranty.

bigaudiofanati2
05-24-2009, 12:22 AM
I would take it back and either get another one or a alpine. Did you go into the settings and see if the internal amp somehow shut itself off? Go check that and is not than take it back. IMO pioneer has lost there quality touch and that's why I stay with alpine.

ps2cho
05-24-2009, 02:33 AM
pioneer is a good brand. if it stopped working 2 weeks after installation then return it. depending on where you bought it be prepared for them to ask for a receipt for the installation, and if you did it yourself they may not honor it. if that is the case then contact pioneer and setup a repair with them. usually so long as you have a valid receipt they will repair it under warranty.

I did the installation myself...so I hope they will honor it or I will be majorly pissed off. I still have the original purchase receipt, yes. I always save my receipts and store them. I bought the HU at bestbuy.

Tonight the sound turned on again for about 2-3 seconds then shut off again. So it can't be the internal amp setting otherwise it wouldn't suddenly turn on.

Replaced stock speakers, yes. It makes no sense though that all the speakers would shut off at once -- that shows it can't be connections. If the HU turns on, it can't be fuse/ground/power, right? So it leaves nothing but an internal hardware problem.

I will stick with Alpine. I actually prefer the whole interface of Alpine as I have one in my other car and it has worked perfectly fine...so maybe this is a sign....I wasn't prepared to snip off all my wiring and effort I took installing this one for a different unit. I guess now I have a reason.

xNaStYx
05-24-2009, 02:36 AM
lose speaker connections? Did you check all of your wires?

ps2cho
05-24-2009, 02:38 AM
lose speaker connections? Did you check all of your wires?

That would mean all 4 speaker....8 connections would have to come loose at the same time. Not possible. But yes I checked all the wiring. With the HU still on I also nudged all the wires and the main plug to see if it was possibly the main plug not connecting right, but then I realized the unit wouldn't turn on if that were the case.

RidnClean
05-24-2009, 02:46 AM
so im assuming there is no external amp running them

ps2cho
05-24-2009, 02:52 AM
so im assuming there is no external amp running them

No, not at all. This is just a basic HU + 4 speaker setup.

ps2cho
05-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Upgraded my Pioneer to an Alpine CDA-X200 (much happier)

But problem is still here.

Anybody got any ideas about this weird one?

I went over a bump on the way back from work and lost all sound again. I pulled everything apart when I got home and rummaged around with my hand through all the wiring, but no luck with regaining the sound. I'm so lost on this one!