PDA

View Full Version : 6" aero ports

GearGuy2001
05-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Fu*k 6" is expensive, I went to Menards (like home depot, lowes) and they had some 45 degree connectors and they wanted $25 per (schedule 40 pvc). I need 4x 45 connectors thats why $25 per is alot.

So my question is what can I use or where do I need to look for 6" aero ports and 45 degree connectors.

For all that are curious its a bandpass designed by 80

sealed 1.9
ported 4.3
tune to 45hz
with 2 6" aeros

Single 15 RD alphamax or hw (not sure yet) off a sundown 3000d

Williams37
05-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Not sure what you would use to bond the pvc to each other, but you could attempt to cut the pipe at 45deg and rotate your piece. I've seen it thousands of times with steel pipe, I assume someone may know how to do it with pvc?

gotparts90
05-23-2009, 06:09 PM
drain pipe is cheaper and thinner but still strong but the foam core pipe *****. they make black plastic in that size I forget the name of it but that works go to a pluming supply house they will help you make it cheaper.

gotparts90
05-23-2009, 06:10 PM
Not sure what you would use to bond the pvc to each other, but you could attempt to cut the pipe at 45deg and rotate your piece. I've seen it thousands of times with steel pipe, I assume someone may know how to do it with pvc?

you can plastic weld it but that equipment is expensive and to have it done right would be more money that in steel.

alvitae
05-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Black plastic is called ABS. It's used mostly for sewer drain.

As far as bonding it, If you use ABS glue it will hold. It does the same thing wood glue does and the joint is stronger than the material joined.

GearGuy2001
05-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Interesting Idea but I think the soft curve of a 45 would be better for a port then a sharp wall which is what i think you would end up with if I did it the way you described.

Maybe I could fiberglass something.

drain pipe is cheaper and thinner but still strong but the foam core pipe *****. they make black plastic in that size I forget the name of it but that works go to a pluming supply house they will help you make it cheaper.

Sweet Ill look for the drain pipe, I think I read a little about it but Ill check locally at a plumbing supply store.

Thanks for the help so far everyone keep the ideas rolling in (or personal experiences)

gotparts90
05-23-2009, 06:24 PM
abs that it thanks its been awhile since I have used it I keep using scraps so much I never really buy anything but the fittings. There is a guy selling 1.5 inch radius round over bits in the mchenry area and they make a nice round over for the port. they are cheapies and that ***** but that is the only new kind I found. i have an old one i thinks its amana.

80INCHES
05-23-2009, 07:56 PM
usplastics.com