PDA

View Full Version : Chevy 2500HD enclosure

robles_ricky
05-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Has anyone built a ported enclosure for an 02 chevy duramax crew cab? I havent found any pre fabbed ported boxes anywhere and i have never built a ported box before just sealed. I was wondering if someone has one in a truck like this, how many cu ft. were you able to get behind the back seat? I was thinking of 2 or 3 DD1508T's they have the same specs as the 1508's just shallower depth. any help would be greatly appreciated, dimensions even better! I currently have 2 alpine SWS 1042D's in a sealed box behind the back seat but it doesnt hit as hard as i want it to.

Thanks!

GearGuy2001
05-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Its best to take measurements and post em so someone can design a box for you, since not everyone has access to a truck like yours.

IE Max Width x Max Height x Max Depth

Fuknmovin
05-24-2009, 12:03 AM
Tight fit, I just took out half of my seat!

robles_ricky
05-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Its best to take measurements and post em so someone can design a box for you, since not everyone has access to a truck like yours.

IE Max Width x Max Height x Max Depth

Thanks for your input except im in afghanistan right now and i wont be home for another month so i was hoping maybe someone has built an enclosure for a truck like mine already that way i can have an idea and start making diagrams. i have a little savings ive accumulated while ive been out here and will upgrade the subs and enclosure. i had gone to a local shop that is a dealer but he had said i'd have a hard time with the depth of the DD 1508's but now that they came out with the 1508T the depth was decreased to the same depth of the subs i have now. the enclosure i have now is sealed and im looking to build a ported for 2 or 3 DD 1508T's without taking my seat out. i dont mind if i have to relocate the seat a little forward but i would like to keep it. thanks for your input guys hopefully someone out there knows what i can do.