PDA

View Full Version : Questions about MECA

jpexpc
05-22-2009, 07:28 PM
I am considering going to a MECA competition this weekend. My questions are:

1: Fusing Rules: I have an inline "buss" style 80A fuse that is next to the battery. With it not being withing 18" of the amp would this mean I'm disqualified? If so can I just add one to the back near the amp? This would be considered running it in series I'd assume so I don't think it would affect my fuse rating.

2: Fuse Rating: I'm pushing a 1606D around 1 Ohm on stock electrical (125A alt). What are the odds of me changing my 80A to 50A and not blowing it? It would be running music and my gains are pretty low considering I'm runnnig my factory HU with a LOC. No bass boost.

3: CD Player: Using my factory HU I don't have a pause button for my CD player. Am I allowed to switch on my music when the timer starts and fast forward to where the bass starts in my song? Sad I know.

4: SPL level: I metered at 144.7 on Noah's TL Wednesday. This was with a 43hz tone. With the best possible song match for my setup, how much can I expect to lose on music? I know there is no way to answer this effectively but are we talking 1-2 db's in a best case scenario or 5-6 db's?

5: Meter Placement: I'm planning on running in AS1 if I can lower my fuse rating or AS2 if not. I know the rules are pretty standard but is sealed up in the kick an option?

Innovative:Cory
05-22-2009, 07:35 PM
# 1...the "class" you are placed in goes by the fuse being 18" from your amplifier...put a fuse here... the fuse under your hood is not used in determining your class..

#2.. try the 50 amp...if it blows then keep trying the smallest you can go with until you find one that you can hold on....remember the fuse only needs to last for about 5 seconds...

#3....if you are UNDER 145db...you can remain in the vehicle with hearing protection on...if OVER 145 you are not allowed in the vehicle....since you dont have a pause button IF you are over 145 all you are allowed to do is start the song..... the run is for 30seconds...

#4...if you have access to a tl already find your peak fz, then find a song with that in it...pretty easy huh...if you are at your peak fz, the loss should be minimal...

#5... AS sensor placement is at the drivers side headrest...you can seal everything up, or have any combination of doors, windows, sunroof, etc open.... if you are street,modified, or modex the only option is you can choose which seat the mic stand goes in..in other words passenger or drivers side.... Radical X is sealed up on the dash....

AS class the vehicle must be OFF during the pass,......any other class you are allowed to run and throtle the vehicle up to 2k idle...

05-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Heading to the Elizabethtown KY show?

jpexpc
05-22-2009, 07:39 PM
I understand it's a peak db hold. Can I just crank the crap out of my stereo, hit my peak and then back it off a bit? I never turn my bass all the way up for more than 10 seconds or so at a time. I don't trust my setup enough yet.

jpexpc
05-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Heading to the Elizabethtown KY show?

I'm thinking about it. I live in Cinci so the drive wouldn't be too bad.

05-22-2009, 07:42 PM
It is a peak measurement....so crank, durn down is fine....

I will be there...

Enellz
05-22-2009, 07:50 PM
I was having the same question. Thinking I might do a run. But don't think they make 50 amp anl fuses.