PDA

View Full Version : Morel Customer Service *****.....

williambrea
05-22-2009, 11:48 AM
:mad:

I bought a set of used Morel Tempo's and one of the mid's was broken (my fault during install) and I have been trying to contact somebody @ Morel for about a week and when I finally reached the "tech support" I asked him to buy one mid or a set of tempo mids and he proceded to tell me that I either had to buy a set of Dotech mids or buy a whole new set of tempos.....

Then I asked him about distortion and he told me that since my amp was rated @ 160 bridged and even though I set the gain that it was putting out 160rms regardless....

He literally said that if my gain was all the way up or down that the amp is putting out 160rms..... and that It was too much power.

I am extremely disappointed at their customer service and their lack of ability to even try to find a solution to my problem....

Just wanted people to know before they go out and get the shaft like I did...

On another note....

Does anybody have a 6.5 morel tempo mid F/S????? :crap:

Supergumby5000
05-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Morel probably orders everything in sets, so selling you a single component ruins a whole set for them. They are only being logical

As for the RMS wattage comment, yeah that guys an idiot.

Just buy a new set. I bet if you get back on the phone with them and tell them you have a blown set you would like to replace, they will cut you a price deal

Shinju
05-22-2009, 11:53 AM
Well, You bought them used, You messed it up on install.

They responded to your question and told you that you had to much power to them

And also gave you options to buy a new set.

Seems like the customer service was fine to me, Not stellar but they did respond to your questions and gave you options. Might have not been what you wanted to hear but that doesnt make ****** customer service.

williambrea
05-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Morel probably orders everything in sets, so selling you a single component ruins a whole set for them. They are only being logical

As for the RMS wattage comment, yeah that guys an idiot.

Just buy a new set. I bet if you get back on the phone with them and tell them you have a blown set you would like to replace, they will cut you a price deal

When they I said that it wasnt from a dealer his tone completely changed...
Pulled a Terminator Audio....:crap:

Well, You bought them used, You messed it up on install.

They responded to your question and told you that you had to much power to them

And also gave you options to buy a new set.

Seems like the customer service was fine to me, Not stellar but they did respond to your questions and gave you options. Might have not been what you wanted to hear but that doesnt make ****** customer service.

Well, It was not what I wanted to hear but them not having individual components is a huge let-down and I would not expect them from a nice company.... But hey they are Jew-Speakers :(

And yes the guy was completely arrogant and did not try to help me....
I had to ask what I needed to do to get something done, and literally beg this guy to get any info from him.

The Indian customer service from Microsoft was more helpful in my case...

Supergumby5000
05-22-2009, 12:08 PM

Your own fault for getting crappy service. You arent helping their business at all by not buying from them, so they could care less about you ;)

call back in a few days, dont tell them that, and ask for a new set.

williambrea
05-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Your own fault for getting crappy service. You arent helping their business at all by not buying from them, so they could care less about you ;)

call back in a few days, dont tell them that, and ask for a new set.

I hate companies that are pissy about that^^

Yea ill probably end up doing that, but not talking to tech support..

I bet if I pitch a ***** and talk to some higher-ups they will do work

Lugnutz
05-22-2009, 12:17 PM
That is the American way. Keep bitching till you get what you want.

Flipx99
05-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Most higher quality manufacturers sell individual pieces...not where you can buy just one though...but just a set of mids. It seems like they'd offer to sell you a set of mids v. forcing you to buy a whole componet set.

williambrea
05-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Most higher quality manufacturers sell individual pieces...not where you can buy just one though...but just a set of mids. It seems like they'd offer to sell you a set of mids v. forcing you to buy a whole componet set.

yea I asked for individual mids first and then asked for a set....

But no sireeee those mids arent expensive enough to sell separately...

I would have to buy dotech mids 399 or another set of tempos 350 :verymad:

Flipx99
05-22-2009, 12:31 PM

Maybe contact 6spdcoupe, as he is a morel dealer. I don't think he can get you an individual driver, but a set of the mids.

DEdwards
05-22-2009, 12:33 PM

It is this way the customer gets a warrenty with the product from the company not a 3rd party(which most of the time isn't even a valid warrenty)

NoPh33rRaCiNg
05-22-2009, 12:34 PM
i had same problem when i blew an RE mid, i went to a new dealer that opened up and they finally got them to send out a new mid, they were trying to get them to buy a whole set too

williambrea
05-22-2009, 12:46 PM
i had same problem when i blew an RE mid, i went to a new dealer that opened up and they finally got them to send out a new mid, they were trying to get them to buy a whole set too

So you got an individual mid?

bass_lover1
05-22-2009, 02:29 PM
I hate companies that are pissy about that^^

Yea ill probably end up doing that, but not talking to tech support..

I bet if I pitch a ***** and talk to some higher-ups they will do work

You didn't buy it from an authorized dealer, and the guy you got it off probably didn't either. There aren't many companies out there that I know of that will honor something like that. If there is, kudos to them, but they aren't required to.

Try buying an illegal copy of Windows Vista, and calling MS for tech support, I bet they'd be really helpful too.

However, I know these aren't even close to the same mids, but: http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=8439

Flipx99
05-22-2009, 02:32 PM
It is this way the customer gets a warrenty with the product from the company not a 3rd party(which most of the time isn't even a valid warrenty)

I don't see the issue from the manufacturer's perspective between a damaged mid purchased from a dealer and the customer jacked it up vs. customer jacked it up without purchasing from an unauthorized dealer. Either way, the product wouldn't be under warranty.

Also, I need to PM you maybe. I has the depth.

DEdwards
05-22-2009, 02:34 PM
:)

6spdcoupe
05-27-2009, 02:13 PM
Try calling 877-Morel11, ext 703. Speak to Raphael directly and I am sure he will take care of you.

krainium
05-27-2009, 02:21 PM

Woofers etc has the tempo 6 components for 250.00 with free shipping if you have to buy a new set.

srmd22
05-27-2009, 08:26 PM

Well, It was not what I wanted to hear but them not having individual components is a huge let-down and I would not expect them from a nice company.... But hey they are Jew-Speakers :(

I had to ask what I needed to do to get something done, and literally beg this guy to get any info from him.

Is this bigotry really considered acceptable in this forum?

x2o
05-27-2009, 08:34 PM
I had an RE XXX mid blow on me from water damage, emailed RE and spoke back and forth with them for about a day, sent the money through paypal and they sent me a single 6.5" mid. I'm not familiar with Morel, but figure they would at least sell you a set without the crossovers/tweeters so it's just the mids... :confused:

hockey512546
05-27-2009, 09:21 PM

yes

99grandprixGT
05-27-2009, 09:23 PM

:laugh:

Hoodlum007
05-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Morel makes good products but i agree they have very poor service. They seem to be very stirct on warranty and the CS is very rude. A guy i know had some problems with his Morel parts and Morel tried to sell him new parts at a discount. My buddy was like WTF? Peter at Morel told him to pay for the new product, stop wasting his time and hung up. Needless to say my buddy is no longer going to run Morel in his car.

6spdcoupe
05-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Thats quite odd, anytime that i have had a problem I made a call and the next day I had a replacement. No complaints from any of my dealers regarding this either. I will surely look into it though.

6spdcoupe
05-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Morel makes good products but i agree they have very poor service. They seem to be very stirct on warranty and the CS is very rude. A guy i know had some problems with his Morel parts and Morel tried to sell him new parts at a discount. My buddy was like WTF? Peter at Morel told him to pay for the new product, stop wasting his time and hung up. Needless to say my buddy is no longer going to run Morel in his car.

Where did your buddy purchase his products ?

Flipx99
05-29-2009, 12:10 AM

Are you sure you are on the right forum?

00poop6x
05-29-2009, 01:00 AM

I think I know where this is going.:veryhapp:

DUMPED
05-29-2009, 01:07 AM

:laugh::laugh:
I sense the RACISM to be strong with you...lol

DUMPED
05-29-2009, 01:12 AM

this is CA.com
BIGGOTS and Racists is a common occurrence on this site.
its funny you'd think the MODS or whatever you want to refer to them as would have some sort of decency to at least uphold some sort of decorum... but then again who are we kidding :rolleyes:

Flipx99
05-29-2009, 08:47 AM
this is CA.com
BIGGOTS and Racists is a common occurrence on this site.
its funny you'd think the MODS or whatever you want to refer to them as would have some sort of decency to at least uphold some sort of decorum... but then again who are we kidding :rolleyes:

Yes. The mods are under some legal or moral obligation to do so. They are well compensated for ensuring proper decorum, when half of them are MIA. If you haven't figured it out by now, no one cares. If such behavior bothers you, perhaps you should visit another forum. You (DUMPED) know this....I am not sure why you are still whining about it. Stupid Candadians, I swear...

Hoodlum007
05-29-2009, 01:39 PM

Not sure what shop it was but they were authorized Morel dealers if that is what you had been wondering.

duece212
05-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Stupid Candadians, I swear...

OHHHHH SNAPPPPP