PDA

View Full Version : Hertz Audio High Energy HSK165 vs Focal 165 KPS

kevin lu
05-22-2009, 01:45 AM
I need a good set of component around $400 to $500 and this 2 sets fall on my price range, do anyone knows anything about them? thanks for help.

Trancer
09-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Thats a good question. Id like to know the answer to that too. I have the Focal's in my truck and installed the Hertz in a boat so I cant give you my opinion since its like comparing an install in a house and an install on a soundboard at Best Buy.

I can tell you this. The board members on here blow their wadd on the Hertz line up. Probably for a good reason too.

Focal has good midrange, but not so great midbass unless you get the Access Line

ThomasMaier
10-30-2010, 05:51 PM
I used to have the focal 165 kps in my old car, and I have hertz in my sisters car. I find the highs are better on focal speakers while hertz your going to find more mid-bass to them. one thing you will have to know is no matter what series of focal speakers there all very "bright" speakers so there are some people who dont like them. I personally love them but i also have a set of focal 165 kbe behind my rear seats to fill in some more of the mid-bass now. To tell you the truth both are awsome speakers and try to listen to both before you buy.