PDA

View Full Version : Resin didnt harden

BDIDDY
09-27-2003, 05:35 PM
I was working on my 4 month long fiberglass project yesterday and today the resin didnt harden, its still a little wet and sticky. Just wondering if there is anything I can do. I am figuring that if I let it sit in the sun for a while it will harden.

Thanks

RiceNotNice
09-28-2003, 06:45 AM
i had the same prob. recently with my tweeter pods. i brushed on a little hardener and left it out on a hot day. it took care of some of the problem and at least made the stuff sandable. now i always make sure my resin batches are VERY well mixed so it doesn't happen again

ws140
09-28-2003, 12:40 PM
If it is small you can heat it on a grill like I did.

Trixter
09-30-2003, 05:22 PM
I had the same problem. All I did was make another batch of resin that would dry quickly (alot of hardener) and brushed over the problem area. Let it sit in front of a fan over night and it was fine the next day.

spyd3r
10-01-2003, 05:13 PM
Just mix a really hot batch...... and brush it over the wet one.....

Do 2x the normal catalyst to resin ratio and you should have it dry in 2-3 hrs.

This happens alot on bigger glassing projects.....you just seem to be less concerned about exact volumes and just measure by looking at it, and once in a while you either add too much hardner or not enough....but glassing has a pretty big margin for error, so its easy fixing little mishaps :thumbs_up :