PDA

View Full Version : Enclosure question (help fast please)

tigerf117
05-20-2009, 10:09 PM
OK TEMPORARILY, i need to use this ****** Dual (brand) enclosure.
It normally has the glass on the front. is this strictly cosmetic, or is it important to have on. Seems like it would diminish the sound. anyone have some insight on running without this on?

DNick454
05-20-2009, 10:59 PM
The dual brand boxes are bandpass boxes. I forgot which the front enclosure is, sealed or ported. But yes... taking that off would be opening up either the sealed or ported section of the bandpass enclosure and would severely alter the sound. Although I'm not sure how much worse it could sound being Duals :laugh:

tigerf117
05-21-2009, 01:44 PM
The dual brand boxes are bandpass boxes. I forgot which the front enclosure is, sealed or ported. But yes... taking that off would be opening up either the sealed or ported section of the bandpass enclosure and would severely alter the sound. Although I'm not sure how much worse it could sound being Duals :laugh:

LOL, could it get any worse! I'm just using it temporarily while i build one for my awkwardly shaped seabring trunk. (this car was a ***** for just about everything except removing rear seats and the deck...
I just amped my interiors, and some restricted bass from that box, is better than none.