PDA

View Full Version : 15" Old school strokers into a ford crewcab ? Help please , anyone with an opinion ?

Mudbillyredneck
05-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Hello guys and gals...

I have a pair of Cerwin vega stroker DVC 15" old school ones....in a ported box.

I want to put them into an older Ford crewcab, and power them with my ZR1000's either one or both..

My question is should I remove rear seat and place box in cab, if so which way should subs and ports face for best sound quality ?

Or should I do a " blow through " I believe is the term.....where the subs fire through the cab from the bed ? If that's so subs up and ports through the wall seams to be the only realistic option ?

I should mention, I dont mind to cut the truck up at all.....really I'm not worried about resale one bit.....as I will never sell it.

I want the best sound possible, and I'm leaning twords #2 but dont know what the pro's and cons's are ?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly apprieciated.....

Also I would not be opposed to tradeing or selling some of this stuff off , if there is a better choice for my Crew cab ford

P.S

Some of these words may be missed spelled :laugh:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj174/mudbillyredneck/03-17-08_1129.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj174/mudbillyredneck/019-1.jpg

And yes I will be running a topper on it also !

phensway
05-20-2009, 01:42 PM
If you take the back seats out you will be defeating the purpose of a crew cab. Do a blow through! Im in the process of planning one right now as well. maybe we can help each other out

billjones42
05-20-2009, 01:44 PM
i love the tree stump blocks under that truck lol. x2 for the blow through.

Mudbillyredneck
05-21-2009, 10:06 AM
I agree that the blowthrough is probubly the best option , as well .

I am new to this site and really havent been able to navigate it well, as far as searches go ?

Anyone have a link to a good blow through build, or a list of do's and dont's of things I may encounter along the way ??

chithead81
06-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Any update on this?

nismos14
06-12-2009, 09:22 PM
You won't really get SQ with those subs, they are just meant to get LOUD.

mr.michael
06-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Hello guys and gals...

I have a pair of Cerwin vega stroker DVC 15" old school ones....in a ported box.

I want to put them into an older Ford crewcab, and power them with my ZR1000's either one or both..

My question is should I remove rear seat and place box in cab, if so which way should subs and ports face for best sound quality ?

Or should I do a " blow through " I believe is the term.....where the subs fire through the cab from the bed ? If that's so subs up and ports through the wall seams to be the only realistic option ?

I should mention, I dont mind to cut the truck up at all.....really I'm not worried about resale one bit.....as I will never sell it.

I want the best sound possible, and I'm leaning twords #2 but dont know what the pro's and cons's are ?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly apprieciated.....

Also I would not be opposed to tradeing or selling some of this stuff off , if there is a better choice for my Crew cab ford

P.S

Some of these words may be missed spelled :laugh:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj174/mudbillyredneck/03-17-08_1129.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj174/mudbillyredneck/019-1.jpg

And yes I will be running a topper on it also !

hello there my fellow redneck it seems we have a few things in common so i shally spread some light on your pooey situation. i also have a powerstroke, but mine is only an extended cab. mike from ss audio told me the best way to do my box would be--

#1- subs up port to the drivers side.

#2- if i were you, i probly wouldnt do a blowthrough? idk, if oyu care about having a seat back there and dont want to lose it? i guess you could if you preferred it. but if your anything like i am as far as redneck? you probly would be driving through terrains that would give you excess bed flex. but like i said i dont know you in person so i cant say but, i myself do what i want, and if my truck is pointed at a mudhole, i might be going through it. do as you please. a blowthrough would be a little extra work i suppose. never done it but...

all om trying to do is pass what i know is good knowledge because i have a pickup too. what i said should be good for your truck, is what i am doing because idc about a backseat anymore, i got tired of fart faces messing up my back seat. anyways, there is your answer. hope you enjoyed the *******, and have a nice day

pokey_159
06-13-2009, 01:27 AM
x2 on the tree stump

KyngHype
06-13-2009, 01:31 AM
tree stump FTW