PDA

View Full Version : Alpine CDA-9835 Users..

juukno
05-19-2009, 03:24 PM
I am having quite a bit of difficulty trying to figure out whether or not my amp is going into protect mode due to the settings I have. In the front I have all stock speakers/components. In the back I have 1 15" 2500W sub/2500W mono amp. I have read in the past that this HU doesn't exert the correct subout voltage until the subwoofer level is at +15. This, on the other hand, is putting my amp into protect mode.
My question is what is the correct settings for this HU in a single high powered setup? And, what might be throwing my amp into protect (i set the gains with a DMM and have them wired correctly)? Thanks for any help

boomintahoe
05-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Thats a weird situation you got there but I doubt the 9835 is causing the amp to go into protect....

AlterEgo99
05-19-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm a CDA-9887 owner...of course I am not using the speakers outs on my HU at all...amp pre-outs and RCA's front, rear and sub. ****, I cannot imagine you can even hear anything but the sub! :eek:

I'd try giving Alpine a call...they are very good at answering questions.

juukno
05-20-2009, 12:27 AM
It just seems like when I put the volume past 24 out of 35 it cuts out and the amp's esp pops on and goes into protect mode for about 15 seconds or until i turn it all the way down.. weird??

LaserRed38
05-20-2009, 12:34 AM
Not sure, but going with the "not turning your HU past 75% because it probably clips" rule of thumb that I follow with mine, I don't turn it past 24. Jmo and not scientific at all, but I know when I had my gains set by ear before I had it turned up to 26-28 before and I blew my CDT mids. Of course that could have just been CDT though hah.

juukno
05-20-2009, 12:37 AM
I would love to know what this HU starts clipping at sice past 25-27/35 volume level everything starts sounding distorted.
But, is there something wrong with this amp possibly?

boomintahoe
05-20-2009, 11:47 AM
HU's don't "clip"....amps do. I don't turn mine past 20...It gets friggin loud beyond that.

stocker08
05-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Dont push your amp harder than it can go. If you have any thought in your mind that you might be damaging your amp, dont turn it up that high. If on the other hand, it is not nearly as loud as it can go, make sure its recieving the correct amount of power. What gauge power cord do you have going to it?

Shinju
05-20-2009, 01:33 PM
HU's don't "clip"....amps do. I don't turn mine past 20...It gets friggin loud beyond that.

Yes they can acctually.

Your HU can clip a pre amp signal if you push it hard enough. Remember it is still an amplification device just like a Line Driver can clip aswell.

to the OP, Sounds like you have something hooked up wrong, Might want to go back and check all your connection ect for a sanity check.