PDA

View Full Version : Hello...and help

jtoast
05-19-2009, 12:17 PM
I just bought a new 2009 Dodge Charger and the sound system seems to **** mightily :( . I know pretty much nothing about car audio and need a place to start.

My budget somewhere between 0 and $5K. No idea..how much will it take. I am not looking to wake people up from 3 blocks away, I just need something that doesn't sound like crap when I have the windows down and the sunroof open.

Can anyone recommend a few threads/other websites/etc to get me started so I can learn enough to ask intelligent questions?

4OZGLOVES
05-19-2009, 12:24 PM
A good front stage consisting of a quality comp set and an amp for them,maybe some coax's for your rear stage if you really want. The market on a sub stage is quite vast,are you looking to get loud or are you looking for sound quality? How much trunk space are you willing to give up for your sub stage?

x1le
05-19-2009, 12:28 PM
The "Learn" section of crutchfield.com could be very helpful in answering some of your more basic questions on everything and will help you determine what you really are looking for.

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Tab/?tab=learn

Once you know what direction you want to take your car in, a ton of members here will be more than willing to assist you in putting together your system and selecting the best products for the price :thumbupw:

denim
05-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Welcome to CA.com.