PDA

View Full Version : Which way to face the box??

18lexusowner
05-18-2009, 11:59 AM
I have a 15" sub inside a ported enclosure. My trunk is sealed off (seats don't fold down) but there is a port in the back deck where the stock sub used to be. I took it out. The port is 8" in dia.

Which way should I face the box? Towards the rear, front, or facing up towards the port.

I'm looking for SPL, loudest possible.

SicAudio
05-18-2009, 12:13 PM
sealed trunks usually sound better port and sub facing the rear away from the cabin, but not always just try it all til it sounds the best to you.

MisterGrubbs
05-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Best is to move it around, it shouldnt be THAT big of a pain to test it around and see what's best for you.

Your next step is going to be a bandpass box that breathes through that factory opening :)

dappa5
05-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Best is to move it around, it shouldnt be THAT big of a pain to test it around and see what's best for you.

Your next step is going to be a bandpass box that breathes through that factory opening :)
4th order any one

18lexusowner
05-18-2009, 01:49 PM
I was just looking for some input while I was at school before I started putting it all back together.
I'll test each way. And I don't have the time or money right now to build a custom bandpass box for the opening. Thinking of selling my car anyways.