PDA

View Full Version : reverse/fluch mount mids??????

chief_bignut
05-18-2009, 01:10 AM
ok im going to be building door pods for all four doors of my 2000 explorer wich will house RE XXX components and i am trying to figure out how to make the pod look like this
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/8425/mountedroundyi9zy8.jpg
or like these mids in this enclosure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAZ55_xcSD4
how to i go about making it look like this in the process of the build. any and all help is greatly appreciated thanks

chief_bignut
05-18-2009, 01:28 AM
come one someone

IDSkoT
05-18-2009, 01:55 AM
I don't understand what you're asking.

KyleBechtold
05-18-2009, 01:57 AM
they either screwed em in from the back or built over them.. the speaker in the door looks like they raised the speaker to the door with a baffle and cut a hole in the door..

chief_bignut
05-18-2009, 02:35 AM

Ok I'm sorry I didn't make my self clear LOL ok I understand the fact that these ARE mdf rings rounded off by a roundover bit. And that the speakers are mounted from behind what I don't get is how to get it to this point because one would normally use pieces of mdf or other materials to support the rings correct? Ok so if that's the way it's normally done how would I do this because if the speaker is mounted from behind where is the support for said ring??? How is it held in place? And is the fleece/FG wrapped around the ring as well or does it come up to a certain point and filler takes care of the rest due to the FG/RESIN build up
Hope this clears things up a bit

And the picture I linked to was done in three pieces I saw the thread it came from he used an adaptor for the original speaker in the door (metal) mounting location to "center" the speaker and another 3/4 ring to elevate the speaker and then the third ring being the one shown was mounted to the door panel IIRC to make it look like this

I am trying to achieve this look in all four ( 2 different pair=different style) pods

chief_bignut
05-18-2009, 02:35 AM

Ok I'm sorry I didn't make my self clear LOL ok I understand the fact that these ARE mdf rings rounded off by a roundover bit. And that the speakers are mounted from behind what I don't get is how to get it to this point because one would normally use pieces of mdf or other materials to support the rings correct? Ok so if that's the way it's normally done how would I do this because if the speaker is mounted from behind where is the support for said ring??? How is it held in place? And is the fleece/FG wrapped around the ring as well or does it come up to a certain point and filler takes care of the rest due to the FG/RESIN build up
Hope this clears things up a bit

And the picture I linked to was done in three pieces I saw the thread it came from he used an adaptor for the original speaker in the door (metal) mounting location to "center" the speaker and another 3/4 ring to elevate the speaker and then the third ring being the one shown was mounted to the door panel IIRC to make it look like this

I am trying to achieve this look in all four ( 2 different pair=different style) pods