PDA

View Full Version : lambofgood91 got shafted by mechman

jmanpc
05-17-2009, 09:28 PM
And he doesn't have the balls to say anything about it, so I will...

A couple of months ago, he ordered a 250A alty and external regulator for his 2000 Focus. The PayPal somehow got screwed up, so he had to talk to em, and get it all ironed out. Took a few days. Then, Mechman ships out his alty... to the wrong address (Right city... wrong state. Fail.). A week there, and a week back. Already delayed. They see their mistake, and offer to ship it to him overnight, and he accepts. Well, turns out they shipped it ground again, further delaying it.

Yes, delays, no big deal.

Well, he finally gets the alt something like a month after he ordered it. He gets his mechanic to install it, and..... it doesn't work. It was defective out of the box- a wire inside was crossed, something Mechman says is a common problem. So, now he's spent $150 to get a faulty alty (o_0) installed and removed. He ships it back to Mechman, and they send him another replacement that he just got. Mechman refuses to reimburse him for the cost of the install, or even a partial reimbursement or refund. He spent about $500 with them and got boned.

Bullshit if you ask me.

Cliffs: Mechman delayed the shipment of his alty three times- once because of a paypal malfunction, once because they shipped it to the wrong address, and then they shipped it ground instead of overnight. Then, it turned out the alternator was defective, and left him high and dry with a $150 mechanic bill, and refuse pay to have the replacement installed.

DBBOOM
05-17-2009, 09:31 PM
That sux, i had my DCPower in 5 days..........and it works. Guess you get what you pay for.

JL Audio
05-17-2009, 09:31 PM
what a load of ****. **** em is what I say.

99grandprixGT
05-17-2009, 09:34 PM
:popcorn:

bread0710
05-17-2009, 09:34 PM
when i ordered they sent me the wrong alternator. i called them and someone i forgot who i talked to said, they would pay for the shipping it back. i never got the payment for shipping it back but i did get the right alternator. i havent installed it yet so im hoping there is no problems

528hz
05-17-2009, 09:37 PM
I actually talked to one of those guys over there about an alt for my car. He was impatient with my questions and also had the mentality and tone as if I was wasting his time. ****** salesmanship/CS if you ask me.

Doesn't surprise me to hear a story like this...

duece212
05-17-2009, 09:38 PM
a wire inside was crossed, something Mechman says is a common problem.

crossing wires must be a common problem...heart doc crossed two wires on my grandma's pacemaker when they put it in. They had to cut her back open to fix it :crap::laugh:

mobeious
05-17-2009, 09:41 PM
i had the same prob with EA

x1le
05-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Sounds like a crappy situation.

Hope it all gets worked out :thumbupw:

yikes vR
05-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Glad I went with DC afew days ago, instead of Mechman...

Louisiana_CRX
05-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Obama will fix this.....:greedy:

TnT_Sounds
05-17-2009, 10:24 PM
going to switch to DC now?

Andrew12
05-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Obama will fix this.....:greedy:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supergumby5000
05-17-2009, 10:29 PM
i didnt read the pursueing posts, but i dont think mechman should have to pay the installation costs. thats a joke.

jmanpc
05-17-2009, 10:33 PM
They send him a bad alt, and he had to pay for it to be installed and removed. Its all their fault that he had to have that done. If I was doing an install on someones car and punched a hole in their woofer, I'd replace it because I fucked it up.

Supergumby5000
05-17-2009, 10:35 PM
They send him a bad alt, and he had to pay for it to be installed and removed. Its all their fault that he had to have that done. If I was doing an install on someones car and punched a hole in their woofer, I'd replace it because I fucked it up.

there is no reason for mechman to pay in full for something that is unecessary.

I could see mechman maybe needing to pay if the bill was split by hour, and they were asked to be charged the cost of removal. As for installation, nope, and most shops wont tel you how they do their charging process because its a ripoff.

DBBOOM
05-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Never had any problems with mine, thanks DC Power.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26511440&d=1242610439

shizzzon
05-17-2009, 10:41 PM
I've never had a problem with mechman and i got a discount when i got mine.

14.9v all day long when there is a load, 13.8v when shut off.

I've used it to keep 288aH worth of batts charged for almost a year and it never failed me.

I actually called and talked to the same guy about 4 times, once for almost an hour with no rush to get me off the phone either before i ordered it.

I dont know about wire crossing but it should be pretty visible if it was in the adapter before hooking it up.

bumpin buick
05-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Matt at Mechman has done nothing but give great service to me and several of my friends. This is weird to say and I would much rather hear it from Lambofgood91, its just kinda wierd that he couldnt speak up and say it or further talk with Matt about it.

My Mechman has been running strong and I have better voltage then I did with my Iraggi 250A, EA 250A, and even the Ohio Gen 250A. All the other alts have taken dumps on me but this one has worked like a charm. Maybe if he could contact him and talk out his situation instead of calling him out?

I mean no matter what alt company you go with everyone of them has had their small bugs. Overall though I think Mechman has one of the best reps so this is kinda shocking to see.

lambofgood91
05-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Matt at Mechman has done nothing but give great service to me and several of my friends. This is weird to say and I would much rather hear it from Lambofgood91, its just kinda wierd that he couldnt speak up and say it or further talk with Matt about it.

My Mechman has been running strong and I have better voltage then I did with my Iraggi 250A, EA 250A, and even the Ohio Gen 250A. All the other alts have taken dumps on me but this one has worked like a charm. Maybe if he could contact him and talk out his situation instead of calling him out?

I mean no matter what alt company you go with everyone of them has had their small bugs. Overall though I think Mechman has one of the best reps so this is kinda shocking to see.

That's the thing man...... I've talked to Matt about it. And I'm not trying to call Matt out at all, just letting people know what problems I've experienced with the company while dealing with them. I've heard nothing but good things about mechman, up until I bought my alt that is. I guess I just got a bad one or whatever. :crap:

Snwbrdr1
05-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Thats too bad, I've always heard excellent things about Mechman. In fact, that is who I will be contacting for further alts. So I had a little issue w/ a online car audio store about a faulty alarm. Had it installed, un-installed, shipping bs you name it, it all happened. Filed w/ BBB and I finally had to sue. A year 1/2 or so later.............like Borat says " I WIN"

Johnny Law.Lulz
05-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Link to this DC power??

DBBOOM
05-18-2009, 12:26 AM
1-951-509-5617

Stephen_c
05-18-2009, 12:33 AM
dc power FTW.

jmanpc
05-19-2009, 12:22 AM
bump.

f mechman

jmanpc
05-19-2009, 03:50 PM
^^ moar people need to see mechman's gayness :fyi:

mazzasec
05-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Im not much of a fan of Mechman either.

Enellz
05-19-2009, 04:33 PM
LOL I knew it. Everybody Mechman riding, I guess it's the boner. Sorry for your lost man.

TurdFergueson2
06-23-2009, 08:29 PM
I think it's hit or miss with any alt company. As far as the alt install was he ever faxed a bill for it? I think 150 for an alt install is pretty high. I got mine done for 45 but they broke my hood emblem so it's in the 150 range too.....:verymad::verymad:

I own 2 Mechman alts. I got one going strong in my Monte Carlo, the other one for my 300M is on my desk at work. I know the guy that put it on doesn't want to go through that again. I shipped it back and had it tested and he said that it was fine, but the belt wear was causing my voltage issues. I had fit issues with it and then what seemed like voltage issues in the winter. I'd start off in the high 13s (used to be 14.5 and no less than 13.8 with the car on) to mid 12s when the car was warm. I put the stock one back in my car and the YT/stock alt/SPV70 combo are holding pretty solid. I'm not an alt guy, so I don't really know what to do. If there is an alt company out there that does RATED numbers and will fit OEM, I'd like to know about them.

2000 Chrysler 200M. 3.5 liter V6.

But even in my experience, I did not call him out. It did cost me money to remove mine, but I do understand where Lamb has a legit gripe

da box king
06-23-2009, 08:36 PM
he's a fvckin tard to payin someone to install the alt.....mechanically inclined bish...hahaha

3 bolts...fyi