PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys and gals....New hear and would like some help ?

Mudbillyredneck
05-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi guys and gals...

I've been a fan of custume car audio since the 90's....and have always enjoyed dimming my lights, and adding batteries....LOL !

I love all types of music, even country, as long as it's clean and clear.

I have compiled a collection of different pieces over the years, and was woundering if I could get some advice ?

I have the following components that I am not using and was going to try to install all of it into a fullsize Crewcab F350 pickup (country boy in me :laugh: ) It is a lifted truck rolling on 39" tires...not huge , just like to drive it and use it as a work truck....

The problem is that I am very mechanical and have built the truck from the ground up ( as I have several other trucks in my lifetime ) Usind a Ford crewcab and a Dodge 12V Cummins diesel motor....Basically I will be refering to an alternator later , so I figured I'd put that out there ?

Ok hear we go....

I have , as of now

Head unit and controls

1- Alpine CDA 7940 CD player ( back when 4v outputs was new ...LOL )
1- Alpine ERE-G180 11 band eq with BBE

Component speakers are

1- pair of Boston Acustic PRO 6 1/2's ( from when there was a car on the box and they called them pro 6.5's ? )
1- pair of slightly newer model year Boston Pro 5 1/4's ( Box says Pro 50 )

Amps

2- PPI 2360's (2 channel )
2- Kicker ZR 240's (2 channel )
2- Kicker ZR 1000's (2 channel ) which I would like to use only one of, due to power draw...LOL !

Subs

2- Old school flat Cerwin Vega stroker 15" DVC's in a large 3.5-4 cuft ported box ( 1" thick and has machine screw inserts to hold in subs...)

That is everything I have, and alot of it was never opened in the boxes still, and I figured it is time to use it all....." GO BIG " or keep it in the closet :laugh:

I Have 2 Optima yellow top batteries already, and am awaire I will need to upgrade the 1990 Dodge 12V Cummins charging system ( now is the perfect time while I'm installing the motor into a Ford anyways....)

I want to leave the amps Happy with a low load...(Like 4 Ohms ) and lots of available voltage reserve, Without drawing TONS of power from the chargeing system or batteries .

I would also like it to run as cool as possible and not have to worrie about burning up my stuff, becouse I am NOT trying to sqeeze every last watt out of it...Thats not my intention, I want this stuff to last !!

I am basically in no position finantually to blow any of this stuff up, and my days of trying to blow the eardrumbs out of my head , or show off to the guy across an intersection buy shaking his mirrors are long behind me now...:laugh:

I have pics available if need be,
and I would also consider tradeing or selling anything of mine I end up not useing

I need HELP from a pro, and am not to Proud to say I need help figuring out what I hope to be a " Very Tuff truck system" for daily driveing and occasional showing off...

Thanks for the education....

Am listening to all that want to contribute

Thanks for your time
MudbillyRedneck

Mudbillyredneck
05-18-2009, 11:23 AM
I guess I forgot to actually ask the questions I have...LOL !

I was woundering if I should use the kicker 240's either bridged or stereo on one set of the Boston components ...Or if the PPI's would be a better choice for sound quality ?

The next ?'s

Should I just use all the kicker amps and take advantage of the inter -connect feature, to make installation easyer (less wires = Less money invested to install ) ?

On the Stroker subs...since they are duel 4 ohm subs...which is the best way to wire voice coils...? should I wire them so my end goal is a 4 ohm load to the amp( 1-ZR1000 bridged at 4 ohm or 8 ohm stero....I need details about current draw and sound quality ) or should I run them differently ?

Should I run 1 ZR 1000 or both ? I am concerened about current draw in my daily driver / work truck ?

Any sugestions along the way would be great....I also wasnt sure if I should run the Boston component 6.5's and 5 1/4's both up front in sealed encloures built into the doors...or since I have the Crewcab option I could install the 5 1/4's up high into the corner of the back window/door area ? And yes...the backseat is comming out if I run the 15" strokers :crying:

If someone is interested in any of this equiptment , I would sell or trade it off to get my CC set up the best way....I would love to keep the backseat in it...and run some very tuff 8" or 10"....I do have more power than I think I need for what I would consider a daily driver/work truck :crap:

Mudbillyredneck
05-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Hmm

A couple of days...24 views, and not a single welcome , or attempt to point me in the right direction with my build ?

LoggedOut
05-19-2009, 11:37 AM
i ackshully kant reed yur poasts

jco1385
05-19-2009, 11:39 AM
here*

and HERE (http://dictionary.reference.com/)

Mudbillyredneck
05-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Is my spelling all that bad ...really ?

fasfocus00
05-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Is my spelling all that bad ...really ?

no just that you wrote the first half of a novel and no one is going to read it.

Rashaddd
05-19-2009, 12:36 PM
http://costumzee.com/view/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/baby_costume.gif

:confused:

jco1385
05-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Hi guys and gals...

I've been a fan of custume car audio since the 90's....and have always enjoyed dimming my lights, and adding batteries....LOL !

I love all types of music, even country, as long as it's clean and clear.

I have compiled a collection of different pieces over the years, and was woundering if I could get some advice ?

I have the following components that I am not using and was going to try to install all of it into a fullsize Crewcab F350 pickup (country boy in me :laugh: ) It is a lifted truck rolling on 39" tires...not huge , just like to drive it and use it as a work truck....

The problem is that I am very mechanical and have built the truck from the ground up ( as I have several other trucks in my lifetime ) Usind a Ford crewcab and a Dodge 12V Cummins diesel motor....Basically I will be refering to an alternator later , so I figured I'd put that out there ?

Ok hear we go....

I have , as of now

Head unit and controls

1- Alpine CDA 7940 CD player ( back when 4v outputs was new ...LOL )
1- Alpine ERE-G180 11 band eq with BBE

Component speakers are

1- pair of Boston Acustic PRO 6 1/2's ( from when there was a car on the box and they called them pro 6.5's ? )
1- pair of slightly newer model year Boston Pro 5 1/4's ( Box says Pro 50 )

Amps

2- PPI 2360's (2 channel )
2- Kicker ZR 240's (2 channel )
2- Kicker ZR 1000's (2 channel ) which I would like to use only one of, due to power draw...LOL !

Subs

2- Old school flat Cerwin Vega stroker 15" DVC's in a large 3.5-4 cuft ported box ( 1" thick and has machine screw inserts to hold in subs...)

That is everything I have, and alot of it was never opened in the boxes still, and I figured it is time to use it all....." GO BIG " or keep it in the closet :laugh:

I Have 2 Optima yellow top batteries already, and am awaire I will need to upgrade the 1990 Dodge 12V Cummins charging system ( now is the perfect time while I'm installing the motor into a Ford anyways....)

I want to leave the amps Happy with a low load...(Like 4 Ohms ) and lots of available voltage reserve, Without drawing TONS of power from the chargeing system or batteries .

I would also like it to run as cool as possible and not have to worrie about burning up my stuff, becouse I am NOT trying to sqeeze every last watt out of it...Thats not my intention, I want this stuff to last !!

I am basically in no position finantually to blow any of this stuff up, and my days of trying to blow the eardrumbs out of my head , or show off to the guy across an intersection buy shaking his mirrors are long behind me now...:laugh:

I have pics available if need be,
and I would also consider tradeing or selling anything of mine I end up not useing

I need HELP from a pro, and am not to Proud to say I need help figuring out what I hope to be a " Very Tuff truck system" for daily driveing and occasional showing off...

Thanks for the education....

Am listening to all that want to contribute

Thanks for your time
MudbillyRedneck

Seth?

:sneaky:

Rashaddd
05-19-2009, 12:47 PM
lmao

bhsdriller
05-19-2009, 12:52 PM
lol

Pop da Hatch
05-19-2009, 12:54 PM
hello and welcome! why what a pretty mouth you have boy ;)

Mudbillyredneck
05-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks guys....I think ?

Just for the record I have most of my own teeth :D

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj174/mudbillyredneck/wmlaugh.gif

denim
05-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Welcome to CA.com.