PDA

View Full Version : 3 sets of comps, which ones?

Super Pickle
05-16-2009, 12:39 AM
looking at these 3 sets of comps... which would have the best sound? Im looking for a very smooth tweeter, i HATE harsh highs and im looking for pretty good midbass..

http://www.woofersetc.com/p3341/EF61FG--CDT-Audio-EuroFrame--65"-2-Way-Component-Speaker-System.htm

http://www.woofersetc.com/p5812/SPX17REF--Alpine-65"-TypeX-Series-Component-Set.htm

http://www.woofersetc.com/p6201/CTX65CS--Image-Dynamics-65"-Component-Speaker-System.htm

I understand that the ID's are a great speaker for the money, but how do they compare to the CDT and Alpine sets?

This is going into a 2002 Jeep grand cherokee, will get whatever amp will push them nicely, eclipse 5100 headunit, doors deadened with dynamat.... no subs (probly no subs until after summer time)

Hoodlum007
05-16-2009, 04:11 AM
The ID CTX65 are a forum boner for good reason!!

MBrock4u
05-16-2009, 06:01 AM
The reviews seem very good for the Alpine type X pro's. I have never heard them myself. The forum is also very high on Image dynamics comp's , with very good reason. Either one of those should work well for you.

Super Pickle
05-16-2009, 02:09 PM
any other suggestions? I really dont want to go too much over $200 but id stretch to $300 if it would really be that much better

Hoodlum007
05-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Why spend that much, the ID CTX's can be had for 179 shipped and rest you can use to deaden the doors.

atoprak
05-17-2009, 05:29 AM
If you dont want harsh things... than go for Morel Line... and pic one for your budget.. you never regret..

MisterGrubbs
05-17-2009, 05:33 AM
If you dont want harsh things... than go for Morel Line... and pic one for your budget.. you never regret..

Meh, for what the OP would get performance/cost I'd rather run the ID's, to be honest.

And I wasnt a huge fan of the Type X components, not too sure but I wasnt a fan of their sound. Maybe it was a bad install??

Spend the money to deaden the doors and get an adequate amplifier to push the ID's(or whatever you decide on), you'll be fine. Best of luck.

Super Pickle
05-17-2009, 12:34 PM
yeah, lol its what im leaning too. My budget is on the tighter side i guess and i'd obviously like to spend as little as i can, and i figured that i can always sell them and upgrade later if i see fit..

atoprak
05-18-2009, 09:07 AM
Meh, for what the OP would get performance/cost I'd rather run the ID's, to be honest.

And I wasnt a huge fan of the Type X components, not too sure but I wasnt a fan of their sound. Maybe it was a bad install??

Spend the money to deaden the doors and get an adequate amplifier to push the ID's(or whatever you decide on), you'll be fine. Best of luck.

Even entry level of Morels can reproduce very smooth hifi style sound rather than harsh or dull sound of the smilar comps...

If you want smooth, hifi style sound with a limited budget, than you can select the entry models of Morels... Lets say Tempo or Pulse. I bought brand new set of Tempo 6 about $140 in my country.... no words to say for this price IMO

AznrMix88
05-18-2009, 09:13 AM
I completely agree with you. I owned the CTX before my tempo 6 and the price difference is DEFINITELY worth it. If I am going to go through the trouble of putting something in my car, I might as well make it worth it the first time around.

Super Pickle
05-18-2009, 08:55 PM
i think i am going to go with the hertz HSK 165's, thanks for everybody's help!

THUNDERBIRD
05-18-2009, 09:05 PM
i only have personal experience with the type X pros. they are ok nothing special. tweeters are nice, the type X ref has a nice midbass driver. and they crossovers a huge! and you have to build them putting jumpers to set them how you want them. look into the pioneer prs series comps. i have the D's and love them.