PDA

View Full Version : Installing components with no deadener

Kfra315
05-15-2009, 04:10 PM
So I think I'm finally gonna take the plunge and get some components. I'm sure I can install on the speakers and amp myself but the part I really dont want to do myself is installing the deadener and I dont have the funds for it right now anyway. I was considering a PG RSD component set with a cheap profile amp or something used off the classifieds. Would this setup sounds horrible without being deadened? My current setup is listed in my sig so you can so what I have to work with for my sub.

okiedokie
05-15-2009, 08:37 PM
http://www.woofersetc.com/p1341/10415--Dynamat-Xtreme-Speaker-Kit.htm

if you can afford $20 then at least add deadener around the mids.
the better you deaden your doors the better your mids will sound

tez4life
05-15-2009, 10:15 PM
http://www.woofersetc.com/p1341/10415--Dynamat-Xtreme-Speaker-Kit.htm

if you can afford $20 then at least add deadener around the mids.
the better you deaden your doors the better your mids will sound

Agreed. But you can install the comps without any deadner and they will still sound fine. Im currently running the same PGs you mention, no deadner,and it sounds good, but just have not gotten around to fully deadnen my doors.

However, adding deadner will make them sound much better and help in the midrange and midbass dept.

Sarthos
05-16-2009, 12:47 AM
I installed alpine 6.5" type r comps in my front with dynamat on the door inside and a piece of dynaxorb behind each speaker, sounds really nice. It sounded nice before the deadener but after it just sounds so clean even at like really high volumes. If its like low volume you won't notice it as much because there won't be much vibration although there will be road noise. If you have your speakers medium loud you'll hardly notice it because the speakers will cover up anything but once you get high they turn messy without it.

Flipx99
05-16-2009, 01:58 AM
I'd buy the deadener before the comps but that is just me.

chaunb3400
05-16-2009, 02:03 AM
I'd buy the deadener before the comps but that is just me.

This :)

Sarthos
05-16-2009, 04:12 AM
I'd do the comps first. They make more of a difference than the deadener. Unless you're gonna deaden the whole car but I doubt it.

bdawson72
05-16-2009, 04:32 AM
I bought the comps before the deadner. I just wanted some sound. But, you'll most def benefit midbass wise w/ the deadener but its honestly not a "necessity".