PDA

View Full Version : Polk MOMO MM6

mendon mafia
05-14-2009, 10:05 AM
ok so i finally got around to installing these beasts and there AMAZING. i used to run kappa 60.7cs which **** next to these.

Im feeding them ~180 rms and i have the hpf set to about 100 hz. im not sure if it was the deadner i applied or if the speakers are just way better but the midbass is almost overwhelming even with the hpf where it is, but i dont have my subs installed yet either. without the hpf these things make my rearview mirror vibrate!

the tweets are a bit harsh (mush less harsh than the kappa tweets tho) but the level adjustment on the crossovers are very nice and useful. got them set to minus 6 at the moment until they break in a bit more.

they also have a switch which allows you to pass full range through the mid, i guess if you have a really awkward sound stage that could be useful.

the off axis response of the mids are beautiful, but the tweets did take some time to get aimed correctly and the swivel mount is not as good ans the infinity ones but how hard is it to make a small bracket to get a bit more angle? its not hard, it took me 5 minuites and was totally worth it.

the actual mid itself is rocksolid and very high quality. the magnet is huge tho which my be an issue for some. but at the $140 price tag shipped there worth every penny and then some. IIRC my my kappas were 130.

they are oversized 6.5" which is perfect for my car. it was a nice tight fit and required no modification of the door panel. mounting depth is 2.88",

Scoop these up while you still can. Sonix has em and egay as well.

MBrock4u
05-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Excellent, glad your happy with them. I've been wondering about those speakers. I run the older polk momo's for front stage and have been very happy with them. ( 2006 model year) Polks are very clean and smooth. :)

slammedblack99
05-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Good to know. Im running the DB series and I want to upgrade to these

Hoodlum007
05-16-2009, 05:12 AM
Those MM6 are really good sounding comps, only thing is they have huge magnets that can be hard to install in some cars.

mendon mafia
05-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Those MM6 are really good sounding comps, only thing is they have huge magnets that can be hard to install in some cars.

yea that is gonna be the only issue if you buy these. the mags are very big.

but big mags = big midbass = :D

but if its going to require a lot of modification then you will be better off with something else.

Oh not to mention they are quite power hungry expect to feed these at least 100 rms if not 150