PDA

View Full Version : Who is right????

i3abyjay25
09-24-2003, 08:37 PM
im trying to build a box for my SI Magnum .. i have asked a few people for help w/ the port.. but i keep getting differnt answers... thanks every1 for the help.. but i need to know for sure...
ok... box external Dimensions are L 35.5 x H 14 x D 13 ... wood is 1/2 thick MDF...yeah. i paid the price for 3/4... but got home and measureed .. it was 1/2...
i want to tune it to about 32 Hz....ive already cut the slot.. it is L 2 x H 13 x D ?????...if needed.. i can make L larger....

what i would like to know is ....
1) what is the internal volume... after displacment of port... and sub???
2) what is the D of the Port??

i need an answer ASAP for im outside right now trying to finish it up....
thanks

i3abyjay25
09-24-2003, 08:55 PM
I hope you braced the **** out of that box or you're going to double the thickness ...
yeah, this will be just for temporary.. since i got wrong size...dont know hat u have to sa about it... but i m using liquid nails and screws. but i also take and fiberglass the inside corners, and edges.......what is your thoughts on this??? it really does help hold the box together... it help w/ 1 of my last box that i kept blowing the back wall out of...and help round off the angles...to help keepinf air gettin trap in the corners... so thats my BS theory..