PDA

View Full Version : Tweeters-only up front: Bad??

drpeeb
05-12-2009, 11:38 AM
I have speakers only in the back right now ... 6-3/4" Alpine coaxes in my rear doors and a 10" sub ... no speakers up front.

Would adding only tweeters up front be worthwhile ... sound terrible ... or?

LoggedOut
05-12-2009, 11:42 AM
that would sound terrible. youve got it backwards. put a comp set up front, and ditch the rear fill.

drpeeb
05-12-2009, 11:47 AM
that would sound terrible. youve got it backwards. put a comp set up front, and ditch the rear fill.

OK ... I'm just trying to avoid trying to either route new wires through the door's OEM wire conduit boot things (friggin things are tight) or locate and snip the OEM speaker wires to splice in new leads.

Guess I'm going to have to break down and do it. ****.

**** Nissan Titan, they got everything so taped up/ strapped in/ secured/ bolted/ soldered/ booted, etc etc etc ... I can't do anything without taking half the truck apart.

kmanian
05-12-2009, 11:51 AM
move your coaxes up to the front! forget the rear.

as for a direct answer to your question, I don't think it will sound any worse than it sounds right now! which can't be good.

I am looking at your equipment, and why do you only have rears?

drpeeb
05-12-2009, 12:00 PM
move your coaxes up to the front! forget the rear.

as for a direct answer to your question, I don't think it will sound any worse than it sounds right now! which can't be good.

I am looking at your equipment, and why do you only have rears?

Because the rear doors were easy to bust into to swap the speakers out!

mSaLL150
05-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Rear fill *****. Get the stage in front of you.

I had to tear apart my F150 for each install/upgrade...which i've done 3 now. Its all part of the game. If you want quality sound, you'll need to work for it. :)

drpeeb
05-13-2009, 03:02 PM
Rear fill *****. Get the stage in front of you.

I had to tear apart my F150 for each install/upgrade...which i've done 3 now. Its all part of the game. If you want quality sound, you'll need to work for it. :)

Yeah I know. I'm gonna. I just hate tearing into OEM stuff, seems like it's never the same afterwards. Gotta keep reminding myself it's just a truck, it's just a truck, it's just a truck ...