PDA

View Full Version : 4 15s: one box from trunk into car cabin?

maniackilla
05-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Ive got a new lil import civic dx coupe. no hatchback. the trunk opening is HUGE and i intend on taking the seats out as I did in my previous car. With the extra room I want to utilize it for 2 more 15s to fit w/o cramping them in JUST a back seat. This is the reason I never got the other to and have been running at a half ohm.

I know how to build a rectangle, cut holes, port, measure, etc. I don't know how setups like this sound or how to organize them. When it comes to this, port and sub firing/placement really comes into play vs a 12 in a trunk.

Any input would be appreciated, all subs in trunk, all in cab, all forward, any porting ideas, etc.

My current setup is
4x Soundstream Tarantula T5 15s (1kwrms) (dual 1)
1x Crunch Ground Pounder 3kw
1x Sony 500watt for the 4 cerwin vega HED door comps
Sony HU

maniackilla
05-12-2009, 03:47 PM
trunk into cabin box in 2 fairly equal pieces?

Lakota
05-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Trunk & 4 15's = a no no.

rickymac21
05-12-2009, 04:18 PM
why not wall it ???

IDSkoT
05-12-2009, 04:25 PM

Why... not...?

Rashadd did 2x 18"s, and loved it.

Lakota
05-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Because it's just dumb. There's a point to where you can have too much cone area and 4 15's in a trunk is just too much, imo.

greg2100
05-12-2009, 06:22 PM
how is it too much? cuz i'm putting 4 15s in my trunk right now

Skip01
05-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Cuz you can prolly do the same score/loudness with 2 12s

I could see maybe 4 15s in a Crown Vic or Towncar cuz they have hugeeeee trunks....but not a Civic.

I barely fit 1 15" in my 4dr Civic properly

crash9201
05-12-2009, 06:27 PM
1 word..... wall

Lakota
05-12-2009, 06:31 PM
I've seen two 12" Nightshades and 2 Sundown 1500's do high 147's - low 148's at the headrest out of a trunk car. This wasn't a burp setup either, the box was tuned in the low 30's. The setup even shattered the guy's Sunroof because it pushed so much air.

rickymac21
05-12-2009, 09:42 PM
1 word..... wall

exactly what i said.:cool:

Skip01
05-12-2009, 11:48 PM
I've seen two 12" Nightshades and 2 Sundown 1500's do high 147's - low 148's at the headrest out of a trunk car. This wasn't a burp setup either, the box was tuned in the low 30's. The setup even shattered the guy's Sunroof because it pushed so much air.

I dont guess the hammer and swinging had any effect on that

maniackilla
05-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Don't recal saying they were going in the trunk .... swore i could have said MY WHOLE CAR

why not wall it ???
...... details ..... glass it from behind the seats to the end of the truck? Im not gonna leave the trunk OR the backseat open.

Get off the toilet seat on my thread people. With that said, I have a shard ton of room and i think walling it off UP FRONT is plain stupid as i am NOT using the trunk and it is a huge hole right to the trunk.

I've winISD'd it and i know 2 12s, actually even 1 12, gets louder but the freq gain is so narrow it's like a smurf ****. I have a substantial gain with cone area and the space of 2 large trunks as a common chamber, period.

cj407
05-13-2009, 03:33 PM
wow...if you think 4 15's is going to work please do tell me how that would be set up....in a **** civic

maniackilla
05-13-2009, 03:34 PM
exactly what i said.:cool:

You have 4 15s in 12cubes and I know you dont have a wall in an SUV for that? Telling me >20 cubes aint enough room? I have 2 15s in 12 cubes in my grand prix backseat and they could still use more room. I think 4 in around double that would be okay ..... by your own words

maniackilla
05-13-2009, 03:38 PM
wow...if you think 4 15's is going to work please do tell me how that would be set up....in a **** civic

Read my post and stop crapping. It goes like this ..... build a rectangle, slide it in. cut 4 15" holes and slide it on top of the rectangle. drop in subs. pow. I dont understand the miracle?

People act like big DD setups are unfathomable too quickly.

rickymac21
05-13-2009, 03:48 PM
You have 4 15s in 12cubes and I know you dont have a wall in an SUV for that? Telling me >20 cubes aint enough room? I have 2 15s in 12 cubes in my grand prix backseat and they could still use more room. I think 4 in around double that would be okay ..... by your own words

1... the build hasnt started yet. only blueprints and what not.
2. its only 12 cubes because the pr's like to be put in 3 cubes. unlike most 15's that like 4 cubes.
3. I drive a 93 subaru hatchback... longer than a civic hatchback.

also i dont know what your talking about with the whole cubic feet thing per sub... but i do know that if you have a regular civic, trying to put 4 15's in the trunk is retarded. just go for the wall with about 16-18 cubes net...

cj407
05-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Read my post and stop crapping. It goes like this ..... build a rectangle, slide it in. cut 4 15" holes and slide it on top of the rectangle. drop in subs. pow. I dont understand the miracle?

People act like big DD setups are unfathomable too quickly.

so you are going to do subs up in a civic car/trunk....:eek::eek::eek::eek: you are about as retarded as some of these people who think they can fit 20's on a civic and it look good.

fearof85
05-13-2009, 04:11 PM
What are your dimensions? If I'm not mistaken you have somewhere in the range of 9 cubes to work with. I'll see if I can figure something out for you.

Drew

Lakota
05-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Don't recal saying they were going in the trunk .... swore i could have said MY WHOLE CAR

Reread your original post, it makes no sense. Being an *** to people that are trying to steer you in the right direction isn't going to get you anywhere.

Anyways, continue on...

Skip01
05-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Please post pics of this.....ill be anxious too see this crap

maniackilla
05-15-2009, 02:22 AM
there are no right directions or half *** opinions, bunch of ill informed people with stupid ideas and hating on what I said was inately initial.

LET ME SAY ...... THE WHOLE CAR FROM FRONT TO BACK, EVERYWHERE, NOT A TRUNK, NOT ONLY A WALL, EVERYWHERE!

perhaps an education would help, its much easier to hate than to help; shoulda just yelled rape or said i cut the whole car in half and made it 80 feet long :s. Not a single good idea, just a bunch of water cooler women *****in and throwing ideas I have already said DIRECTLY that I do not want. This place aint changed since the early 21st century. Calling me a fool is just foolish. Swear that when I get this together half the tards will cream themselves. seen 3 RE XXX 15s in the back of a Ford Explorer a while back on here and jesus that is a lot less space than I have. I guess they were an award winning idiot.

so much hate and so little reading. ill take this as a conclusion to an attempt to help. thanks to those 1 or few that didnt bandwagon the generalization of answers in this thread.

maniackilla
05-15-2009, 02:31 AM
Please post pics of this.....ill be anxious too see this crap

4x t5 15s
1x Crunch GP

some crap I got, maybe i can get a hundred bucks for the whole setup :wow:

Aw man, how bout I get 1 8" and 100 watts and yea man it sounds so clean and clear and yea I love RE and IA and all those companies I heard of after i joined forums. If i dont have that stuff im an inferior nobody. Hope you didnt let the NWO give you the swine flu shot ....

CobraStang98
05-15-2009, 03:10 AM
To the OP....

You're ghey

/thread

rickymac21
05-15-2009, 07:54 AM
there are no right directions or half *** opinions, bunch of ill informed people with stupid ideas and hating on what I said was inately initial.

LET ME SAY ...... THE WHOLE CAR FROM FRONT TO BACK, EVERYWHERE, NOT A TRUNK, NOT ONLY A WALL, EVERYWHERE!

perhaps an education would help, its much easier to hate than to help; shoulda just yelled rape or said i cut the whole car in half and made it 80 feet long :s. Not a single good idea, just a bunch of water cooler women *****in and throwing ideas I have already said DIRECTLY that I do not want. This place aint changed since the early 21st century. Calling me a fool is just foolish. Swear that when I get this together half the tards will cream themselves. seen 3 RE XXX 15s in the back of a Ford Explorer a while back on here and jesus that is a lot less space than I have. I guess they were an award winning idiot.

so much hate and so little reading. ill take this as a conclusion to an attempt to help. thanks to those 1 or few that didnt bandwagon the generalization of answers in this thread.

im curious as to how you think your civic coupe has more space to fit 4 15's than an explorer to fit 3 15's??? i mean, have you ever seen a ford explorer... its actually an SUV fyi... you drive a large go cart.. big diiference... if i want space im definitly not going with a civic coupe.... any ways. if you really plan on makeing a box that goes from the trunk to the back seats you might as well do a wall... i know you dont want to but itll be easier, more effeciant, and louder.

Lakota
05-15-2009, 09:24 AM

perhaps an education would help, its much easier to hate than to help

If you had an education in system design then you wouldn't be asking these questions. And yes, there are right directions. If there weren't then everybody would have great sounding/extremely loud setups.

wesl56
05-15-2009, 09:35 AM
lol i dont know why everyones giving you ****... i understood what you're trying to do... i think....

but honestly i dont think you're gonna be able to (properly) fit 4 15s without doing a wall... and you are going to need to use the entire backseat AND trunk... if not for airspace, for amps and batts and ****... go do some measuring and see how much space you've got to work with

thorshammer1
05-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Ive got a new lil import civic dx coupe. no hatchback. the trunk opening is HUGE and i intend on taking the seats out as I did in my previous car. With the extra room I want to utilize it for 2 more 15s to fit w/o cramping them in JUST a back seat. This is the reason I never got the other to and have been running at a half ohm.I know how to build a rectangle, cut holes, port, measure, etc. I don't know how setups like this sound or how to organize them. When it comes to this, port and sub firing/placement really comes into play vs a 12 in a trunk.Any input would be appreciated, all subs in trunk, all in cab, all forward, any porting ideas, etc. My current setup is 4x Soundstream Tarantula T5 15s (1kwrms) (dual 1)1x Crunch Ground Pounder 3kw1x Sony 500watt for the 4 cerwin vega HED door compsSony HU

Don't recal saying they were going in the trunk .... swore i could have said MY WHOLE CAR...... details ..... glass it from behind the seats to the end of the truck? Im not gonna leave the trunk OR the backseat open. Get off the toilet seat on my thread people. With that said, I have a shard ton of room and i think walling it off UP FRONT is plain stupid as i am NOT using the trunk and it is a huge hole right to the trunk.
I've winISD'd it and i know 2 12s, actually even 1 12, gets louder but the freq gain is so narrow it's like a smurf ****. I have a substantial gain with cone area and the space of 2 large trunks as a common chamber, period.

there are no right directions or half *** opinions, bunch of ill informed people with stupid ideas and hating on what I said was inately initial. LET ME SAY ...... THE WHOLE CAR FROM FRONT TO BACK, EVERYWHERE, NOT A TRUNK, NOT ONLY A WALL, EVERYWHERE!perhaps an education would help, its much easier to hate than to help; shoulda just yelled rape or said i cut the whole car in half and made it 80 feet long :s. Not a single good idea, just a bunch of water cooler women *****in and throwing ideas I have already said DIRECTLY that I do not want. This place aint changed since the early 21st century. Calling me a fool is just foolish. Swear that when I get this together half the tards will cream themselves. seen 3 RE XXX 15s in the back of a Ford Explorer a while back on here and jesus that is a lot less space than I have. I guess they were an award winning idiot.so much hate and so little reading. ill take this as a conclusion to an attempt to help. thanks to those 1 or few that didnt bandwagon the generalization of answers in this thread.
You contradict yourself and then you put people down for offering sound advice based on what you posted.:p:
I came into this thread to possibly share some of my findings but with such hate and discontent from you the OP I gotta say quit bagging on others and just build your own sheyot!:D

Show me the GP build you speak of!:confused:

iamamp3pimp
05-15-2009, 09:39 AM
yeah unless you go sealed

then its just a waste.

Intrepid Bass
05-15-2009, 09:44 AM
If you had an education in system design then you wouldn't be asking these questions. And yes, there are right directions. If there weren't then everybody would have great sounding/extremely loud setups.

X2.

moh.vze.com
05-15-2009, 03:40 PM

The picture was with the angry mom and dad?

maniackilla
05-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Can I just ask the people ecommending wall if i cant use glass from the trunk to the front seats? I have what I have and I feel people are telling me not to use what I have. I don't see how using the space in the trunk AND the cabin hurts?!?!? It's one big area.

I apologize for making an ***, but I certainly do not want to limit my space when I have it, especially with this not enough space talk. I mean ..... I can easily go sealed with that space ..... but I havent heard much about that in the replies and that would allow for better fitting room for the cone area im moving.

Ill put GP pics up soon of the 2 with the subs and port forward. 22"x6" port and 18" deep. I know there is more potential ;)

maniackilla
05-18-2009, 05:11 AM
http://www.caraudio.com/gallery/8/3/8/9/box-intrunk.JPG
http://www.caraudio.com/gallery/8/3/8/9/IMG_1014Large.jpg
http://www.caraudio.com/gallery/8/3/8/9/tempbackseat2subs004.JPG
http://www.caraudio.com/gallery/8/3/8/9/oldwall.jpg

Previous installs and walls with the Grand Prix and 1-2 15s in limited space

rickymac21
05-18-2009, 07:31 AM
do what you want since you seem like your dead set on your original idea

Lakota
05-18-2009, 09:02 AM
The picture was with the angry mom and dad?

Hehe. Yeah, it's Derek Jackson's car.

iwearpro
05-18-2009, 09:35 AM
Everytime I read these threads with large multiple subs it cracks me up.I went that route with two aq12's and they hit hard but I got real tired of the space that they took up.After some serious thought I sold them and the amp and got two saz 3000's to power a DD Z10. I am sure the same numbers can be achieved with a smaller box and a single woofer..(actually many have prooved this) I hope to do 150 burping with my spl enclosure.The build is on as we speak and I hope to begin testing this next week and Im sure it can be done with easy.