PDA

View Full Version : Ive gotten scammed by Raven9322!!!

sound giant
05-11-2009, 08:19 AM
I came across a classified thread with Raven offering a RE SX12 for 175 plus shipping and a Hifonics 2006d amp for 200. I was very interested and pmed right away.

4/22
actually shipping isnt that bad... Shipping on the amp would be 20 bucks and shipping on the RE without the box would be prolly 30-40 bucks.

I have a guy thats very interested in the amp so if you want it, the first one with money will take it.

Let me know what you want to do asap

ill buy the amp right now. paypal? the sub i still have to think about but i can get you the money for the amp asap.

paypal is weisser@ptd.net

And you pmed me about 3 minutes before the other guy so i told him it was sold to you, i also just tested it again and it works flawlessly so i will stand by it not being DOA.

Let me know when you have done paypal.

Thanks Bud

So the amp is working like you said, i need to know honestly was the amp and sub only used for 2 weeks or was it used for longer? Im asking because i know how people can say that just to make it easier to sell. I can only ask you if you would sell the SX cheaper because it can be had for around 200 new off ebay. Since i am buying the amp too i was wondering if we could work something out. If not then its cool just let me know the exact amount for me to paypal you for the amp.

im being dead serious, the combo was used for 2 weeks, i bought them both new for my buddy, installed it for him, 2 weeks later uninstalled them, and they have been sitting in my living room ever since... haha

I have a def buyer for the amp right now but i will do a package deal with you for the amp and sub. I will do 425 for the combo packaged, shipped and insured.

I need to know asap if you want to do the deal because like i said, i do have another buyer.

4/23
Payment sent!

I wish I could wire this sub to 1 ohm. Pack it with extra care please! Dont want anything breaking

well im gonna ship via UPS and insure through them so im going to have them package the sub so if anything happens they wont blame me for the package job.

Happened to me before lol

But thanks again for the business and i will have everything shipped out tomorrow
Send me tracking when you send these babies out.
Hey bud, can you please send me your full name and shipping address again
(I sent him my address again)
Please read this if you havent already
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401016[/quote][/quote]

that is unfortunate man. sorry.
will you be able to ship out this week? Id hate for this to fall back and not get done due to the other things you have to deal with so its probably best to get it done ASAP and get it out the way.
i see you were online but didnt respond to my message, i hope you arent planning on scamming me....

4/26as soon as UPS opens up tomorrow i will be shipping both out. Again, i am really really sorry and i hope you accept my aplolgies

haha, im not scamming you bud, but heres the problem. I got to ups and found out that the sub and and amp cost 170 to ship it. So either im gonna need more dough or Im gonna have to do a refund for you. Let me know which direction you want to go. I have both boxed and ready to go, or i can give you a full refund. I have never had a deal go sour on me on these forums since 2005 when i joined and i have a **** ton of refs. You should have no worries and you will get product or money.
4/29
unless you want to just try the amp. You said 200 for the amp and let me know how much for the shipping. It shouldnt be that much, probably just the sub that was making it cost alot. I can give you 25 more bucks to ship the two since i already gave you 50 to ship both. other than that i would like a full refund or a new price for the amp shipped and you can deduct off what i already gave you if the shipping is a nice price for the amp.

how is your situation going
The amp is 70 shipped and the sub is 96 shipped. So i can keep 270 and refund the rest back to you?

Let me know what you want to do bud
4/30
ill take the amp then

can you go a little less on the amp, maybe 250 and return 175? if not then ill just take the money back.
5/01
Dude you never got back to me. What's the plan?dude i got back to you with 2 or 3 messages didnt you read them?

I asked if you can do less for the amp, maybe 250, and refund me 175. Tell me if you are down with that.
5/03
Look bro i dont want to be an *** but at this point im getting pretty irked. First of all I asked you for the price shipped and you gave me your price. Then after i send you the money you tell me you need more. I tried to be understanding and work out a deal or something but im finding i have to keep waiting for you to respond. I send you quick replies and then you reply back with "i never got back to you". I reply again and i have to wait for you again. Its hard enough trusting someone with your money esp that much and I dont want any problems so if you could get back to asap and lets get this resolved because frankly im out 425 dollars and im waiting and waiting for it. So i think if you can send me the amp for the price we agreed on first then refund the leftover money to me then thats fine but if you dont want to then please just refund the money so i can get something else soon, im waiting to do my system so please lets finish this deal one way or the other.

5/06
YO JUST SEND THE MONEY BACK PLEASE, I NEED IT BAD AND ITS NOT COOL YOU ARE HOLDING IT AND BUSTIN THE HIT AND RUNS....

It is now 5/11 and i still havent heard from him. Anyone with common sense would return the money if they planned on making the person wait. Come on, its not like its 20 bucks this is $425 and i need that money so can anyone contact him?

dadon
05-11-2009, 08:25 AM
wow, thats crazy! Hope you work it out man, where is this dude located? Also file a dispute with paypal, they are pretty good about this type of thing!

JL Audio
05-11-2009, 08:36 AM
sad to hear this.. ravens was always a cool guy in my book. I hope the situation gets worked out, I've done several transactions with him in the past and it went fine.. seems like everyone i've done business with ends up down this road lol..

keep us updated.

snoopysnooper
05-11-2009, 08:39 AM
i never had a prob. with him

he paid quick with me and was always quick with teh responces

Skip01
05-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Just file a paypal claim

csu87
05-11-2009, 09:07 AM
i shipped a rockford t1000 via ups and it only cost $23. seems to me like hes a pos. file a claim and get your money back

01 S 10
05-11-2009, 09:22 AM
$170 for shipping? wtf lol... must be overnight shipping. Even 50+lb subs shipped across the country are $45-$50 MAX. amps are up-to $40 MAX.

ju got scruuuueed

na_rsx
05-11-2009, 09:23 AM
i never had a prob. with him

he paid quick with me and was always quick with teh responces

yeah its not the same cause you sold him something, you werent the buyer. i'd like to see comments from buyers, not sellers!

sound giant
05-11-2009, 09:46 AM
i filed a paypal claim about 2 days ago but i have to wait until may 28th before they decide to give me my money back.

i thought you had to show proof of shipping before you could collect money on paypal..?

IM just an honest person looking to do honest business but there are always people who try to pull a fast one. His lack of communication at this point is what is really making me mad, besides the fact he has 425 dollars that belongs to me.

mihklo
05-11-2009, 12:03 PM
did you pay with a credit card? if so screw waiting on paypal, call them up and file a dispute with them.

pretty crazy shipping prices are that much more for shipping to hawaii

mihklo
05-11-2009, 12:03 PM
do you not have any contact info for him? try to get a number for him and give him a call

na_rsx
05-11-2009, 12:27 PM
yeah if you paid with credit card just call them up and tell them what happened. you will get your money back and paypal will have no choice but to go after the guy since they are fvcked in a way.

if anything, never ever, pay with paypal funds, as soon as you get paid, transfer that **** to your account.

KyleBechtold
05-11-2009, 12:35 PM
everyone saying shipping should be sooo cheap you do realize where the buyer is from right? Hawaii... and to the buyer.. File paypal claim.. with no shipped item they will automatically give you your money back after he doesn't give one..

mihklo
05-11-2009, 01:21 PM
everyone saying shipping should be sooo cheap you do realize where the buyer is from right? Hawaii... and to the buyer.. File paypal claim.. with no shipped item they will automatically give you your money back after he doesn't give one..

in theory yes........but if he(raven) already moved the funds from his account then they will tell the OP that they ruled in his favor but were unable to recover any funds.

gqjeff
05-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Umm I think the guy has bigger problems possible????????????

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401016

KyleBechtold
05-11-2009, 01:27 PM

Idk i searched up the date.. he said last night in the thread dated 4/25 so i searched 4/24 in the same county in PA. and came up with nothing.. so idk if it was his ploy to delay and get out.. or what? also if the OP payed with credit card the credit card will get it back

mihklo
05-11-2009, 01:27 PM
and those shipping charges seem legit

mihklo
05-11-2009, 01:28 PM

im sure he has bigger problems with that but he has been on here since that happened. he was last on the 2nd

JayRich
05-11-2009, 01:47 PM

Wow that REALLY *****!!!!

JayRich
05-11-2009, 01:49 PM
I mean im sure with a house fire its pretty easy to forget about a ca.com sale especially if his computer was in the house

Miles0803
05-11-2009, 02:05 PM
he also said ups was packaging all of it so he wasn't to blame if it got damaged....add like 12-20 dollars(what they charged me for sub) then shipping on that....we shipped out a treo sub and it cost right around a hundred but it weighed like 80-90 pounds...seems like shipping on amp could be high but depends on size of box weight and then there packaging fee on top of that

sound giant
05-12-2009, 12:35 AM
lets see we already searched for the fire and found nothing so im sorry but im not sold on it. if he was gonna have problems getting online then why not refund right away? if he was not gonna be online then send a phone number or something!

Another thing i told him to make sure the shipping price and he did, then i paid and all of a sudden its 120 dollars more? he already told me the price prior so thats his fault and he should eat the loss, i gave him the funds for what he said it would cost.

Chin_Chilla
05-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Another thing i told him to make sure the shipping price and he did, then i paid and all of a sudden its 120 dollars more? he already told me the price prior so thats his fault and he should eat the loss, i gave him the funds for what he said it would cost.

I have to agree w/ you on this one. Also you said he was on a couple days ago, why did he not answer your PM's or at least get in contact w/ you. He obviously has internet access. You are right for filing a claim. Good luck.

bigbangtheory
05-12-2009, 03:56 AM
**** is crazy!

I posted in the fire thread, not evening knowing this thread was made, lol!

Sounds to me like you are doing the right thing. Didn't know you had all those problems before hand with him and then bam, my house caught on fire.

:(

adrian1185
05-12-2009, 04:20 AM
wow. i shipped a sub and amp today and the shipping combined was 26 bucks. hope you get yoour money back

Goindef154
05-12-2009, 04:24 AM
Shipping to Hawaii though is a **** ton more than shipping in the states

quest51210
05-12-2009, 04:33 AM
raven again...not surprised

sound giant
05-12-2009, 04:37 AM
raven again...not surprised

care to elaborate?

anyone have his contact information?

thanks for the support here guys i thought i would get **** for making this thread because it seems he has alot of refs and with his so called house catching fire. thanks. im gonna call paypal tomorrow and see what they say about getting my funds back.

SRim23
05-12-2009, 04:40 AM
shipping to hawaii isnt terrible if you ship usps. takes like 5-6 days longer but a sub i just shipped to hawaii was 100 bucks fed ex and ups but only 38 usps.

Zellner
05-12-2009, 04:44 AM
im gunna say that his story about his house fire is honestly bullshit. i fire that big with a blast that went out 5 miles would have done a ridiculous amount of damage and caused an outbreak with the media. a simple two sentences which he claims is not only unrealistic but retarded. dawg this is bullshit and id be hoping on that claim to come thorough...good luck bro

sound giant
05-13-2009, 06:00 AM
well i called paypal and they made the dispute a claim so i have 10 days to wait for the verdict. mother****ers better pay my money back!

NightDrifter05
05-13-2009, 06:15 AM
As long as he doesn't supply a tracking number and still has the money in his account you shouldn't have any issues with getting a refund. But by looking at it he was stalling long enough to get the money out his account. Hopefully this work's out for you.