PDA

View Full Version : What alarm? And Bypasses.

itsbmw
05-09-2009, 10:45 AM
My parents wanted to know what I want for my birthday, almost 16 :)

I want a 2 way alarm but I don't know what one to get. My mom and dad both work at a car dealership and they can have service install it for me(they are really cool with my parents and will do whatever they ask) I'm just stuck on what I should get. I want a decent 2 way, with remote start and decent range. I was thinking about a scytek astra 777-2 but I don't know what to get. Id say I have a budget from my parents of around 200$ for the alarm. then I can buy the bypasses I need.

I have an 08 grand prix, stock everything, no ABS or TC. I was wondering what bypasses I will need.

stangman67
05-09-2009, 10:47 AM
your 08 doesn't have ABS? I find that extremely hard to believe. I would look at a Viper 791kv or a python 881xp if you can find them on ebay. You can get them under two hundred and they are great units

pickup1
05-09-2009, 10:48 AM
My parents wanted to know what I want for my birthday, almost 16 :)

I want a 2 way alarm but I don't know what one to get. My mom and dad both work at a car dealership and they can have service install it for me(they are really cool with my parents and will do whatever they ask) I'm just stuck on what I should get. I want a decent 2 way, with remote start and decent range. I was thinking about a scytek astra 777-2 but I don't know what to get. Id say I have a budget from my parents of around 200$ for the alarm. then I can buy the bypasses I need.

I have an 08 grand prix, stock everything, no ABS or TC. I was wondering what bypasses I will need.

can you trust the service center to do it,most stealerships i go to say the aftermarket alarms cause all the problems!

itsbmw
05-09-2009, 10:48 AM
your 09 doesn't have ABS? I find that extremely hard to believe

It was a rental car broski. got a good deal. has 33k miles. and even if the warranty runs out I can get work done really cheap. dealer connections ftw :)

and the service center should be fine. I am going to see if they really want to do it or not, if they dont want to I dont want them to get lazy and eff it up.

stangman67
05-09-2009, 10:50 AM
It was a rental car broski. got a good deal. has 33k miles. and even if the warranty runs out I can get work done really cheap. dealer connections ftw :)

and the service center should be fine. I am going to see if they really want to do it or not, if they dont want to I dont want them to get lazy and eff it up.

Doesn't matter if it is a rental car or not, 99 percent of newer cars have ABS, what makes you think it doesnt?

itsbmw
05-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Doesn't matter if it is a rental car or not, 99 percent of newer cars have ABS, what makes you think it doesnt?

my dad got the build sheet off GMVIS, doesnt say ABS anwyhere(he said). When I start the car what I have on the car should light up on the dash, doesn't light up.. and it doesnt say it on pedal. I'll have to look it up myself tho, he may have overlooked it:D