PDA

View Full Version : 02 grand cherokee speakers options

Super Pickle
05-09-2009, 01:05 AM
Looking to replace the stock infinity speakers, they have dash mounted tweeters with a 6x9 in the front and 6.75 in the back....

I really wanted to keep the rears as filler and get a nicer set of comps for the front, budget around 250+maybe another 150 for an amp if possible.

Can anyone recommend a set of nice comps that DO NOT have harsh tweeters at all? I prefer pretty warm sounding speakers decently loud but not harsh haha...

I am open to a slightly higher budget if it would help me that much...

Car is bone stock other than the headunit, eclipse cd5100

timaishu
05-09-2009, 01:15 AM
if your gonna stick with having rear fill. atleast replace the stockers so you dont get crap muddy sound.

MBrock4u
05-09-2009, 04:37 AM
A couple of sets come to mind here. Go the woofersect.com and check out the polk mm series or Image dynamics CTX65cs. Polk's are a very smooth and natural sounding speaker. Both are very good choices.

Super Pickle
05-09-2009, 02:37 PM
yeah i wouldnt mind replacing the back speakers and just run them off of HU power...

alrihgt ill look into those speakers on woofersetc

pyfocal
05-10-2009, 01:01 PM
http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/index.php?...;cPath=65_67_69 Sundown refurbished amps for a great price and excellent customer service.I would also look at Woofersetc for the clearance on CDT audio speakers or Alpine REF's or Pro's.