PDA

View Full Version : speaker trouble

toiletbrush
05-08-2009, 05:59 PM
so i drive a 2006 gmc sierra. im having a problem with the bass not working in my front speakers. the weird thing is, that it comes back on sometimes although not very often. the speakers are stock, but the head unit is not. the problem started before the head unit was replaced. at first it was just the right speaker, then both, and sometimes either/or will decide to work. any help would be greatly appreciated!

edit>>treble works in speakers though just not the bass

Etac
05-08-2009, 06:30 PM
odds are blown or loose connection

toiletbrush
05-08-2009, 06:58 PM
dont think they are blown, otherwise they would just never work. instead, they come on and work sometimes. only other thingi can think of is a loose wire but where? i checked the deck everything was connected well.

SicAudio
05-08-2009, 07:00 PM
check the speakers and make sure the tinsel leads are actually making good contact to the woofer, the tweeter will still work even if the tinsel came of the cone sometimes.

toiletbrush
05-08-2009, 07:39 PM
looks as though everything in the speaker is connected as it should be. my friend is on his way over now to light test the connections that go into the speaker and see if its the connection or the speaker itself. hopefully i can figure this out its so frustrating!

Tom Gralewski
05-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Why in the hell would you make the name Toilet Brush

toiletbrush
05-08-2009, 08:35 PM
narrowed the problem down..

tweeters work, and tested the power of the woofer wires and there was no power. so its not the speakers but a disconnect in the wire someplace. no clue where though =[

Tom Gralewski
05-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Have you checked the wires in the harness to make sure that its not half broken or shorting somewhere?