PDA

View Full Version : badBox Custom Subwoofers

runwitbass
05-07-2009, 06:40 PM
jw since i might be gettin a box made by them if they were good or not . all the info and specs he gave me seem good and all and it sounds like he knows what hes talking about but im jw if any one of yall CA member ever got a box from badBox Custom SUbwoofers .. thx :D

john denver
05-07-2009, 06:44 PM
nice name choice

runwitbass
05-07-2009, 06:49 PM
nice name choice

i know .. lol .. but im tryin to get one made for 1 12 and he wants bout 350 ..

01 S 10
05-07-2009, 06:49 PM
so they make boxes? why call it custom "SUBWOOFERS". unless they forgot the "badBox custom subwoofer ENCLOSURES"

01 S 10
05-07-2009, 06:50 PM

lol NO. haha that better be double or tripple baffled fiberglassed and painted and include shipping for that price! :wow:

KHARPS
05-07-2009, 06:53 PM
There are plenty of guys on here who can build what you're looking for for a much better price. Just ask around.

runwitbass
05-07-2009, 06:53 PM
lol NO. haha that better be double or tripple baffled fiberglassed and painted and include shipping for that price! :wow:

lol
-1.5" double-thick front baffle (no recession for the subwoofer mount though) with 45 degree beveled edges to give it a "popping out" look.
-Black carpet, tucked away seams, very clean
free delivery and he'll installed it himself since he wants to hear it afterwards . :D

thevic24
05-07-2009, 06:54 PM

ouch!!.
you can have a very nice box made for your needs from someone here. there are quite a few members here who do outstanding work at way better prices.

thevic24
05-07-2009, 06:55 PM
lol
-1.5" double-thick front baffle (no recession for the subwoofer mount though) with 45 degree beveled edges to give it a "popping out" look.
-Black carpet, tucked away seams, very clean
free delivery and he'll installed it himself since he wants to hear it afterwards . :D

still too much $$$

01 S 10
05-07-2009, 06:55 PM
$150 at the most. I would probably do it for $100 if i already had the MDF layin around. and that includes rounding off edges and flush mounting the subs to make it look "clean". He's making a hell of a profit for a box that will probably take a couple hours to build at the most.

350zspl
05-07-2009, 06:56 PM
FYI

anyone who deals with runwitbass should know he is a man of his word and a straight guy to deal with

bought a saz 3 k from me and he sent cash up front with no BS

so deal with him worry free

01 S 10
05-07-2009, 06:56 PM
not trying to bash the dude, but that is a high price honestly.

bonesninja
05-07-2009, 06:59 PM

thats highway robbery.......if it saves you some money, i'll build it for you. Just tell me what you need

NinjaBox > badBox

99grandprixGT
05-07-2009, 07:00 PM
wow 350

runwitbass
05-07-2009, 07:06 PM
thx 350zspl and everyone for their input
i kinda thought that was too much . but i only got 1 12 " T3 Audio TSS with paper cones dual 1 ohm coils which are 8 layer flat copper coil, dual flat spiders with inlaid tinsel leads (bought it from Ed Lester on SMD) .. and ill be runnin the saz300d i got from 350zspl to it .. so any suggestion for box specs? :D

oh yea and i only got a 96 civic HB so aint much room back there and most spcae i can do without passin window line and without eliminating my backseats is 30Wx16Hx17D

bonesninja
05-07-2009, 07:09 PM
this for competing or daily driving?

runwitbass
05-07-2009, 07:12 PM
pretty much daily with once in a while comepting .

bonesninja
05-07-2009, 07:13 PM
i say 2 cubes@38 w/36 inches or port or so

thevic24
05-07-2009, 07:14 PM
thats highway robbery.......if it saves you some money, i'll build it for you. Just tell me what you need

NinjaBox > badBox

i can vouch for this man's work, excellent stuff and a good guy to deal with.

runwitbass
05-07-2009, 07:21 PM
i say 2 cubes@38 w/36 inches or port or so

dunno too much bout boxes so you willing to make me a ninja box? :D . but how much would shippin be to 95822 ..
or jus shoot me up with some specs and i can try making it myself .. and ill shoot you some money

bonesninja
05-07-2009, 07:23 PM
i'll pm you a price

350zspl
05-07-2009, 07:24 PM
if you are gonna run that saz 3 k at 1 ohm daily

make sure your electrical is up for the task

minimum big 3 in 1/0
upgraded under hood battery
2 x trunk batteries as well
1/0 awg power and ground
and HO alt if possible

runwitbass
05-07-2009, 07:27 PM
if you are gonna run that saz 3 k at 1 ohm daily

make sure your electrical is up for the task

minimum big 3 in 1/0
upgraded under hood battery
2 x trunk batteries as well
1/0 awg power and ground
and HO alt if possible

yea got big 3 in 1/0 . 1/0 power and ground going in soon .. might need to upgrade hood batt and only 1 trunk batt for now and maybe an HO alt soon ..

michaellane
05-07-2009, 07:33 PM
bonesninja or vitveet will both do better work over the badbox people. and it will be WAY cheaper. dude trust everyone on here telling you this. 20 people all saying the same thing cant be a lie

runwitbass
05-07-2009, 07:36 PM
bonesninja or vitveet will both do better work over the badbox people. and it will be WAY cheaper. dude trust everyone on here telling you this. 20 people all saying the same thing cant be a lie

lol yea i trust these peope . thats why before i did anything i posted on the forums first .. but thx for the input :D

Toone
05-07-2009, 07:39 PM
I need about treeeeee fiddddy!

KyngHype
05-07-2009, 07:41 PM
$350 is too god **** much.

michaellane
05-07-2009, 07:42 PM
lol yea i trust these peope . thats why before i did anything i posted on the forums first .. but thx for the input :D

yeah man i understand. i got a ninja box right now! best box ive ever had to be honest and hes a real honest guy. traded him a 4ch. for my box.

runwitbass
05-07-2009, 07:42 PM
$350 is too god **** much.

yes it is for 1 12 only .. im having bonesninja make me one . :D

Twisted_0912
05-07-2009, 07:47 PM
yes it is for 1 12 only .. im having bonesninja make me one . :D

good choice

dappa5
05-08-2009, 08:07 AM
for $350 i'll build you two lol shipped!!!!
whatever you deside gl but you should shop around

badBox
05-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Hey guys. This is Ryan, the founder of badBox custom subwoofer ENCLOSURES :)

I figure since I'm going to be publicly bashed on price points, I might as well clarify why the enclosure was so "expensive."

Have you heard of a reverse-horn-loaded transmission line? Probably not. But if you did, you'd know how many DAYS goes into designing and constructing a box like that. Runwitbass (the one who began this forum) came to me asking to get the most out of his subwoofer, and mentioned occasional use in SPL competitions. And for such a nice, expensive subwoofer I thought I'd give him the best box possible. I'd especially like to have my name on a box that would likely win alot of competitions.

So...I offered him the premium solution... AT 50% OFF. Go to another REAL enclosure designer and ask for a t-line enclosure and ask what they charge - ...if you can find someone who even knows enough calculus to tune the acoustics properly.

To sam (or runwitbass): It didn't take me long to realize that you weren't looking to put that much money in your sound system. I get it, you want a regular vented box with regular +3dB gains. No problem. $150, delivered to your home at your convenience and installed for free, as is my standard level of pricing and customer service.

And please don't be offended by my initial offering, I was just trying to offer you something rarely seen on the car audio scene.

PsychoTheRapist
05-14-2009, 10:43 PM

I figure since I'm going to be publicly bashed on price points, I might as well clarify why the enclosure was so "expensive."

Have you heard of a reverse-horn-loaded transmission line? Probably not. But if you did, you'd know how many DAYS goes into designing and constructing a box like that. Runwitbass (the one who began this forum) came to me asking to get the most out of his subwoofer, and mentioned occasional use in SPL competitions. And for such a nice, expensive subwoofer I thought I'd give him the best box possible. I'd especially like to have my name on a box that would likely win alot of competitions.

So...I offered him the premium solution... AT 50% OFF. Go to another REAL enclosure designer and ask for a t-line enclosure and ask what they charge - ...if you can find someone who even knows enough calculus to tune the acoustics properly.

To sam (or runwitbass): It didn't take me long to realize that you weren't looking to put that much money in your sound system. I get it, you want a regular vented box with regular +3dB gains. No problem. $150, delivered to your home at your convenience and installed for free, as is my standard level of pricing and customer service.

And please don't be offended by my initial offering, I was just trying to offer you something rarely seen on the car audio scene.

Any pics of said enclosure?

SRim23
05-14-2009, 10:49 PM
i find it hypocritical that this thread can bash a company but other threads that will remain nameless get deleted with the quickness.

its his product guys, he can charge what he wants. its not out of line to charge alot for a box. i think weve all been spoiled by the guys on here that will build us anything for the cost of materials with very little markup. if you went to a shop to buy a box they charge alot as well.

SRim23
05-14-2009, 10:50 PM

word of advice to you... there are plenty of builders on this site that know what they are doing. insulting them and our intelligence is no way to gain new business. ur not albert einstein so get over yourself.

rusty_armadillo
05-14-2009, 10:54 PM
i find it hypocritical that this thread can bash a company but other threads that will remain nameless get deleted with the quickness.

its his product guys, he can charge what he wants. its not out of line to charge alot for a box. i think weve all been spoiled by the guys on here that will build us anything for the cost of materials with very little markup. if you went to a shop to buy a box they charge alot as well.

i agree

runwitbass
05-15-2009, 12:39 AM

nah im not offended it was jus outta my price range for my first box for the sub . its not that i wasnt lookin to put much money into my system .. hopefully you werent offended by all this .. my intention was to jus see if anybody ever gotten a box from you .. thats all .. gotta find out bout something first before you buy it right? .. but im sure you make great boxes and all .. i was jus gathering info and all ..

badBox
05-15-2009, 12:46 AM
word of advice to you... there are plenty of builders on this site that know what they are doing. insulting them and our intelligence is no way to gain new business. ur not albert einstein so get over yourself.

SRim, point taken, and I apologize. That did come off a bit more condescending than it sounded in my brain :-P I stumbled upon this forum today when I googled the name of my company and this was the 2nd hit! And it's a complaint about my prices? Uh oh! So without waiting to calm down first, I whipped out my response.

I do appreciate the fact that I'm in the presence of individuals who love audio as much as myself, and I should be making friends, as I don't know enough enthusiasts such as yourself! And as for what was said about my budding start-up business known as badBox (and I'll probably change the name after this!), I'll take it as constructive criticism - something I don't get enough of from my customers.

Telling me "oh $h!t that sounds dope!" makes me happy but doesn't help me to continually develop a better product, ya know?

For the record, my everyday prices are pretty competitive, barring the ridiculously complicated designs. If you'd like to learn more about my craigslist-based operation, check out my ad (which I've linked at the end of this entry). I'd love to hear your honest feedback as constructive criticism is actually worth money to a business that's willing to hear and learn from it. You guys are more educated than my everyday customers and I'm sure many of you are more knowledgeable than myself, so I look forward to getting to know you guys better.

Craigslist deletes my post every 7 days, so here's my link for the next week. Website coming soon (I'm so tired of craigslist marketing)!

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/1170924080.html

I look forward to hearing from you.

And runwitbass, Sam, my man, please answer my calls dude. No hard feelings, I really want to build a box for your sub, even if it's not a T-line. I spent alot of time looking at the TS paremeters and analyzing your subs behavior in different configurations. I'm really impressed with the TSS and it would be a real treat for me to get to hear what I've been plotting and graphing on paper. Thanks!

Ryan

bonesninja
05-21-2009, 01:45 PM
SRim, point taken, and I apologize. That did come off a bit more condescending than it sounded in my brain :-P I stumbled upon this forum today when I googled the name of my company and this was the 2nd hit! And it's a complaint about my prices? Uh oh! So without waiting to calm down first, I whipped out my response.

I do appreciate the fact that I'm in the presence of individuals who love audio as much as myself, and I should be making friends, as I don't know enough enthusiasts such as yourself! And as for what was said about my budding start-up business known as badBox (and I'll probably change the name after this!), I'll take it as constructive criticism - something I don't get enough of from my customers.

Telling me "oh $h!t that sounds dope!" makes me happy but doesn't help me to continually develop a better product, ya know?

For the record, my everyday prices are pretty competitive, barring the ridiculously complicated designs. If you'd like to learn more about my craigslist-based operation, check out my ad (which I've linked at the end of this entry). I'd love to hear your honest feedback as constructive criticism is actually worth money to a business that's willing to hear and learn from it. You guys are more educated than my everyday customers and I'm sure many of you are more knowledgeable than myself, so I look forward to getting to know you guys better.

Craigslist deletes my post every 7 days, so here's my link for the next week. Website coming soon (I'm so tired of craigslist marketing)!

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ele/1170924080.html

I look forward to hearing from you.

And runwitbass, Sam, my man, please answer my calls dude. No hard feelings, I really want to build a box for your sub, even if it's not a T-line. I spent alot of time looking at the TS paremeters and analyzing your subs behavior in different configurations. I'm really impressed with the TSS and it would be a real treat for me to get to hear what I've been plotting and graphing on paper. Thanks!

Ryan

Ryan, Thats fair enough of you and i certainly did not mean any insults towards you when i stated that NinjaBox>badBox. (Altho i have heard of box types you have mentioned:crazy:) So, hope there are no hard feelings and i wish you well. I typically don't build for people in your market area as shipping is usually the deal breaker