PDA

View Full Version : AVIC-D3 or AVIC-F90BT???

dye4metal
05-06-2009, 06:13 PM
i am deciding whether or not to keep my avic-d3 or get a avic-f90bt. i am looking for slightly better navigation and a better eq and line voltages. Bluetooth is nice also.

KyleBechtold
05-06-2009, 06:15 PM
how much you paying for the 90bt? if the price is too high the difference isn't worth it..

Supergumby5000
05-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Personally, i think the F90BT is better, AFTER you fix all the issues it has.

if you do decide to get the F90:

1) upgrade the firmware, it'll run faster, and it gets rid of any issues with the first firmware version

2)be prepared to ground the RCA's

3) replace the standard ipod composite cable with apples version

If you do those, its a great unit, i love mine. If not, things could get annoying

dye4metal
05-06-2009, 06:17 PM
well the cheapest i kinda find is on ebay and they are about $450 so. im hoping i can get 400 for my d3.

dye4metal
05-07-2009, 07:31 PM
still want some feedback

clouduz
05-07-2009, 09:08 PM
if the difference is only $50 I'd go for the f90bt

07ramjam
05-07-2009, 10:14 PM
I had a D3 and a 700 BT and the 700 is a way better unit.It has alot of pretty cool features.The voice recognition for the Ipod is pretty cool.The screen is much better than the D3 and it also has a more current GPS.

To be honest though I really didnt like the 700 BT.Its very slow booting up and the touch screen didnt seem to work very well.On the audio side its pretty weak as well.I sold mine and Im switching to an Eclipse.Personally Id look at some other stuff.

Qbenjamin
05-08-2009, 02:52 AM
I had a D3 and a 700 BT and the 700 is a way better unit.It has alot of pretty cool features.The voice recognition for the Ipod is pretty cool.The screen is much better than the D3 and it also has a more current GPS.

To be honest though I really didnt like the 700 BT.Its very slow booting up and the touch screen didnt seem to work very well.On the audio side its pretty weak as well.I sold mine and Im switching to an Eclipse.Personally Id look at some other stuff.

The Eclipse units are much better for navigation puropses, my Pioneer nav units consistently sent me the wrong way. I have owned almost all of the Pioneer nav units with the exception of the new F series, and the graphics are the only thing that make Pioneer units better. The Eclipse navigation display almost looks like a cartoon, but it will actually take you to your destination. Also, there are no noise issues with the rca's, which seem to be a common problem with the Pioneer units.