PDA

View Full Version : New Box for DC LVL4 15

jesterjames
05-04-2009, 01:36 AM
36x16x22 is what i have to work with
plans are around 4cubes after all displacement
box is going in a trunk
trying to decide what way to fire the sub, Im going to fire the port into the back seat.
there would only be about 2 inches of room between the rear deck and the sub if i fired the sub up. Same as if i fired it towards the back of the trunk. what do you think about firing it into the cabin aswell?

current plan is 72sqin of port area tuned to about 33hz

jesterjames
05-05-2009, 02:24 AM
40views and no advice, come on guys...

moh.vze.com
05-05-2009, 02:54 AM
I'd like to see some suggestions too!

Rusty...WCA
05-05-2009, 02:58 AM
4 cubes is good, i would use around 60 si of port on 4 cubes of airspace, ive seen some cars that sounded great forward firing and some that dident, but with only 2 inches between thesub and the rear wall or the rear deck you might not have a choice in what way it goes

jesterjames
05-05-2009, 04:33 AM
4 cubes is good, i would use around 60 si of port on 4 cubes of airspace, ive seen some cars that sounded great forward firing and some that dident, but with only 2 inches between thesub and the rear wall or the rear deck you might not have a choice in what way it goes
thanks, thats what i was thinking. Its a small car so im hoping the port and sub firing into the cabin will work. :D

Volenti
05-05-2009, 05:35 AM
Sounds like the box is mostly filling the boot as it is, though for better results when firing forwards try use the box to seal off the boot from the cabin space (like you would with an infinite baffle/free air sub)

We do this all the time at our shop with good results.