PDA

View Full Version : Opinon on boston's pro 60se comps?

names_james25
05-03-2009, 06:29 PM
would like some feedback

MBrock4u
05-03-2009, 06:58 PM
They are very loud and clean. I remember the first time I heard a demo of them, I was quite impressed. Boston is good stuff.

SicAudio
05-03-2009, 07:01 PM
i have ran them off of 250 rms before (bi-amped) it was sic, i currently have some sl80's running of about 110 rms. great speakers if you can get them less than retail.

bamaboy
05-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Pro's are nice, if your looking for loud and clear, im not a fan of the sound really, not too harsh of a tweeter for being aluminum, midbass is not that great IMO

we used to be Boston dealer, i had 2 sets of Pros, i thought they were good until we started messing with Hertz and then we dropped Boston and picked up Hertz and Audison, You can find Hertz HSK's for around 300-350, unless you want to jump up the MLK's for a good bit more

okiedokie
05-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Old Boston Pro's use to be really nice sounding,very smooth with strong midbass, midrange was clean as well.
Boston swicthed over to a different cone & tweeter which to me is all harsh, but loud.
Boston has a unique sound to them.

For the money of what Boston cost you can find a better over all sounding comp set.
try to find other dealers in your area that you can compare speaker again speaker.

Speakers on a sounding board never sound like what your car acoustics will sound like.

Jumbo Jet
05-04-2009, 09:45 PM
I just recently sold my set of Pro 60's. They did lack midbass and the tweeters were very bright and fatiguing, but they were clear. They are nice speakers but I prefer a smoother tweeter....... but if you like a bright tweeter (which many people do) they are a good choice.

redcalimp5
05-05-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm bi-amping mine with 110x4, and I like their sound. They definitely get loud and clear.

I might put my Rainbows back in soon, tho, just to compare the two. I was running Rainbow mids and tweets for a couple of years, until a month or so ago I put the Bostons in to try them out.