PDA

View Full Version : Need a box Design for 1 12'' Powerbass 3xl

SethPhillips
04-30-2009, 05:36 PM
1 12'' PowerBass 3xl sub 1 ohm DVC
ok i have 30'' wide, MAX
and 14'' tall to work with, MAX
depth can go as deep as possible, port on passenger side.

need a box design please!

thanks

sethphillips

DNick454
04-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Impossible to guess impedance rise in a virtual sense with calculators and whatnot. Also, for the port, do you mean port exiting the actual passenger side of the box, or a port exiting towards the back of the car just on the passenger side? Also, do you prefer aero ports or slot ports?

What kind of amp do you have by the way? Can't you just run the coils in series @ 2 Ohms? How powerful is your amp?

cj407
04-30-2009, 06:52 PM
i already told him that in his old thread....about the same thing...and told him the box i designed will work for that one sub also...but guess he wants to keep going on on on and on...

PaulThompson229
04-30-2009, 06:58 PM
You can't expect imp. rise to go up to any certain point, it is constantly changing depending on many other factors.

fasfocus00
04-30-2009, 07:01 PM
1 12'' PowerBass 3xl sub 1 ohm DVC
ok i have 30'' wide, MAX
and 14'' tall to work with, MAX
depth can go as deep as possible, port on passenger side.

allso need box impedence rise to bring it up to 1 ohm instead of .5 ohm

need a box design please!

thanks

sethphillips

I never know that you could change the impedence of a speaker by the design of the box :wow: . Don't you claim to be a professional installer at some shop:confused:?

cj407
04-30-2009, 07:08 PM
box design, size, tuning, how well sealed it is, how hot/cold it is outside,how long the driver's been used...all factor in for impedence rise of a sub before music is even played....

dappa5
04-30-2009, 07:10 PM
lol cj you're a trip by the way what color is the car it's going in???????(very important)

cj407
04-30-2009, 07:11 PM
ninja time....no not ninja box either

SethPhillips
04-30-2009, 10:03 PM
got it all done. thanks guys..

SethPhillips
05-01-2009, 04:52 PM
bump!

cj407
05-01-2009, 04:54 PM
why you bumping a thread that says its been done....did you get your 1 ohm impedence rise out of it???LMAO

SethPhillips
05-01-2009, 04:58 PM
why you bumping a thread that says its been done....did you get your 1 ohm impedence rise out of it???LMAO

well if you want my honest opinion on why i said it was done, and then bumped the thread is due to the fact i had like 20 p.m.'s from various people saying you dont know **** about box building..

so i bumped the thread so that a person that know's what they are doing when it comes to box design can help me..

LMAO!

bump!

cj407
05-01-2009, 05:00 PM
hmm lets see i've just worked with so many hondas and can design a box with my eyes closed....but hey i dont know jack about box building or design....oh well pimp-150 got a great box for his 4 cvr's guess you'll have to wait since you didnt want my design...

DonH
05-01-2009, 05:02 PM
uh oh.... what happen i thought u had a design already

cj407
05-01-2009, 05:04 PM
i made a design...told him it was 30x14x14 tuned to the 36 hz he wanted...and he didnt wanna pay...

DonH
05-01-2009, 05:05 PM
did he agree to pay before you sent him the design?

cj407
05-01-2009, 05:07 PM
i never sent design as he never agreed to pay...oh well just time lost designing him a good musical box...

SethPhillips
05-01-2009, 05:10 PM
i made a design...told him it was 30x14x14 tuned to the 36 hz he wanted...and he didnt wanna pay...

did he agree to pay before you sent him the design?

more like didnt want anything to do with this guy..

but still in need of a design.

cj407
05-01-2009, 05:13 PM
nothing to do with me...but yet he's the one asking for a .5 rise of impedence in the box design...maybe you sir are the one who needs to not be dealt with as you dont know enough about audio yet.

SethPhillips
05-01-2009, 05:14 PM
nothing to do with me...but yet he's the one asking for a .5 rise of impedence in the box design...maybe you sir are the one who needs to not be dealt with as you dont know enough about audio yet.

omg dude go away

DonH
05-01-2009, 05:18 PM
oooh i c i c..

seth ima look into something for you bro but ive got to go run around for a while ill try and get back to you

cj407
05-01-2009, 05:19 PM
ive had quite a few car audio shops try to hire me for my install skill's and attention to detail....

and thank you...

but obviously they found out you dont know much more than the average consumer who just plugs and plays...

SethPhillips
05-01-2009, 05:19 PM
oooh i c i c..

seth ima look into something for you bro but ive got to go run around for a while ill try and get back to you

please do.
thanks bro

SethPhillips
05-01-2009, 05:30 PM
but obviously they found out you dont know much more than the average consumer who just plugs and plays...

here are a few pm's about why i should stay away from you..

"dont waste your time using one of his designs. he has NEVER broken 130. and didnt even design the box he is using"
"i just dont want to see someone else blow something because of that idiot"

"hey jus lookin out for, dont use any design you get from cj407, he hasnt broke a 130 with his box, and he says he designed it, but he didnt. and make sure you dont pay for any design from him, if you want pm me the diemnsions and what all you want, and i can see what i can come up with free of charge, all you have to do is, stay away from cj407, he's full of ****"

& box building is not my fortae'..

sounds like you know what you are doing :rolleyes: haha

DonH
05-01-2009, 05:33 PM
i forgot to mention to you that you do know the impedance that the amp "sees" fluctuates accordingly to a whole slew of factors not only the box. many factors include the box, the amp, the battery, the alternator, the cabin of the vehicle, the trunk ,the windows and much more. i really dont want to explain it all but seriously its really inaccurate for a person to tell you that there design will provide a SET amount of impedance rise. The best way is trial and error. seriously. i have never sat down and calculated box rise due to most boxes being made are for dif. drivers for customers. the only real way to tell what ohm load you the amp would see would be to get so, a good digital multimeter and a good digital clamp meter and a pen and paper.
now what to do
from ROE

you hook up your amp, sub, etc... get it all connected.

then you clamp the clamp meter on the positive speaker wire. ONLY on the positive wire.. and clamp it as close to the amp as possible. (i clamp about 2" from the amp terminal)

then you connect your dmm to the positive and negative speaker wires. pos to pos and neg to neg.

set your clamp meter to 100 or 200 ac amp range. whichever is the lowest your clamp offers.

set your dmm to 200 ac volts.

now, get ready to play some test tones...

as you playt your tones.. you want to play them long enough for the meters to stabilize thier readings.

you and your buddy should each be in charge of reading one meter. because it can be difficult to try and remember the peak you saw on each of them. (if you have a higher dollar clamp with PEAK hold (not data hold) then you can set it to hold the peak amperage it sees, then you only need to remember the ac volts)

after each tone, you should write down the peak ac amps and the peak ac volts.

now is the fun part.. the math...

acvolts X acamps = real watts used (this is the actual amount of watts your amp produced at that frequency and volume control)

acvolts / acamps = reactive ohm load (this is your REAL ohm load when playing that frequency.)

so its really a long shot to try and say your going to get a set rise. i did this with my box and setup last week. i thought i had a 4ohm load on my amp when i tested and found it fluctuated from 6ohm's-3ohm's depending on the windows being up, all that crap

cj407
05-01-2009, 05:38 PM

"dont waste your time using one of his designs. he has NEVER broken 130. and didnt even design the box he is using"

"hey jus lookin out for, dont use any design you get from cj407, he hasnt broke a 130 with his box, and he says he designed it, but he didnt. and make sure you dont pay for any design from him, if you want pm me the diemnsions and what all you want, and i can see what i can come up with free of charge, all you have to do is, stay away from cj407, he's full of ****"

great you listened to what fatpat1080 and caps had to say. well all i can say is thanks for letting me know they are bad mouthing me and cant even post a score. i design all my own stuff and this past saturday was having a battery problem and at 9volts with impedence sitting at 2.5 (when it should be 1) i was still able to take 2nd in the 129.9 bass race class. but hey i dont know what i'm doing right.:rolleyes:

cj407
05-01-2009, 05:42 PM
why do you think Caps got banned...mods already knew of the bad rep he was trying to give me. funny thing is everyone on flspl.com already knows the placing of what i got. i broke out of the class at 130.0 at the last second. so if i dont know how to design why is my system still able to keep a 129.9 with such a low voltage....

SethPhillips
05-01-2009, 06:09 PM
i forgot to mention to you that you do know the impedance that the amp "sees" fluctuates accordingly to a whole slew of factors not only the box. many factors include the box, the amp, the battery, the alternator, the cabin of the vehicle, the trunk ,the windows and much more. i really dont want to explain it all but seriously its really inaccurate for a person to tell you that there design will provide a SET amount of impedance rise. The best way is trial and error. seriously. i have never sat down and calculated box rise due to most boxes being made are for dif. drivers for customers. the only real way to tell what ohm load you the amp would see would be to get so, a good digital multimeter and a good digital clamp meter and a pen and paper.
now what to do
from ROE

so its really a long shot to try and say your going to get a set rise. i did this with my box and setup last week. i thought i had a 4ohm load on my amp when i tested and found it fluctuated from 6ohm's-3ohm's depending on the windows being up, all that crap

right on man, i'll get it all figured out once i get the design, build the box, and start testing!

thanks

SethPhillips
05-01-2009, 06:13 PM
id like the box to be stout, no flex in it, rounded corner's, no 90 degree corners ect..

SethPhillips
05-01-2009, 07:53 PM
ttt

DonH
05-01-2009, 08:05 PM
what up im back bro! so would you like a design now?haha

SethPhillips
05-01-2009, 08:29 PM
please do.
if you need anything pm me!

DonH
05-02-2009, 03:08 PM
im starting your design now :D

SethPhillips
05-02-2009, 03:12 PM
right on.

just pm me when you get her all done..

DonH
05-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Im all done bro
-Don

IamDeMan
05-06-2009, 01:42 PM
He is done now Seth

cj407
05-06-2009, 09:00 PM

anyone who reads this should know 2 things....both pms came from the same person...(maybe 2 but are butt buddies) and i do design all my own stuff...and came out with a 132.8 with impedence rise of 2.5 ohm (when nominally its 1 ohm) and voltage dips to 9v....VEGA still produced something to score with....dont believe me ask Pedro Modean...on FLSPL.com...he was there for the run.