PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma: Need to add resistance...what should I do?

SocialStealth
04-30-2009, 03:12 PM
SETUP:
Deck: JL's handle 80 RMS (4ohms)
Front Door: Infinities handle 60 RMS (2ohms)
Rear Door: Empty
Amp is: EA 4100 Eclipse @ 75 rms x 4 (supports 4 ohms)
Panasonic headunit w/ 18 rms built in amp

The issue I'm having is:

The amp is runs a little hot because the infinities have too little resistance.
What should I do to remedy the problem?

I've been thinking about is:
installing 2 ohm speakers into the rear doors and connecting them to the amp through the front door channel.

Pro: That would create a 4 ohm resistance.
Con: The deck speakers sound may overpower the front

Is there a way to use the internal amp from the HU to add power to the front speakers?

Any other/better suggestions on what I could do?

KyleBechtold
04-30-2009, 03:16 PM
add another 2 ohm and let me know how your 1 ohm load works out..

KyleBechtold
04-30-2009, 03:17 PM
that amp should be able to do 75 x 4 @ 2ohms.. well most 4 channels can.. so don't bridge it

gotparts90
04-30-2009, 03:31 PM
add another 2 ohm and let me know how your 1 ohm load works out..

wat? he want to add 2 ohm to go to 4 duh! see if you can mount another set like the ones you have up front right next to them or make some pods for 2 sets.

SocialStealth
04-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Is there anything I can add on that will just add 2 ohms to the channel and that will still give the front speakers 75 rms ?

If I have 2 speakers next to each other playing at 35.7 rms...will it be able to compete with the 75 rms speakers in my deck? Or will the front be significantly quieter?

cj407
04-30-2009, 07:01 PM
wow...that statement shows you need to read...do research before you try to install stereo..or even ask questions....cuz at some point you will be flamed for idiotic questions...

NOW to the help...just take negative from one and join it to the positive of the other....and then take the remaining negative and positive and put it into the amp bridged...gives you 4 ohm load and 150 watts out of the front channels which is still 75 per speaker...

SocialStealth
04-30-2009, 10:17 PM
You want me to bridge the 4 channels into 2 channels to power 4 front speakers?
Or am i mistaken?
2 channels are powering the rear deck, so I only have 2 channels to power the front speakers. (4 channel amp).

Can you explain that again?