PDA

View Full Version : What is componet systems, what different then regular?

crfrider
04-30-2009, 12:20 PM
A yes i was wondering what the difference is in a componet speaker system and just regular aftermarket speakers? thanks

SicAudio
04-30-2009, 12:47 PM
components give a much cleaner crisper sound compared to its coaxial counterpart.
it seperates the signals to a specific speaker designed to play a certain range of frequencies only. the difference is night and day as long as you are using decent components.

crfrider
04-30-2009, 01:21 PM
is it hard to get the right frequencies to the speakers, cause im lookin into buyin 4 sets 2 doors and 2 rears and i just want them to run mids and highs, with a 4 channel amp, would it be hard to get it set up right? i have subs and a mono sub amp for the lows?

marcotheclepto
04-30-2009, 01:25 PM
most components come with a passive xover that you connect wire from amp to and then both the mid and the tweeter to, which seperates the frequencies.

AllDayMJ
04-30-2009, 01:30 PM
4 sets? so 8 total speakers?(well 16 if you count midbass and tweet), im assuming you meant 2 pairs..

crfrider
04-30-2009, 02:52 PM
sorry yea i meant 2 pairs so 4 speakers total.

SicAudio
04-30-2009, 03:08 PM
they come witrh instructions it is very simple

jerseyboy
04-30-2009, 03:16 PM
4 sets? so 8 total speakers?(well 16 if you count midbass and tweet), im assuming you meant 2 pairs..

on another note.. your sig pic is awsome!!!...lol

iApex
04-30-2009, 03:16 PM
You are aware there are two different types of aftermarket speakers. (aka not stock)
There are coaxials and components. The coaxials are better than stock speakers but not as good as components. Coaxials have the tweeter attached to the woofer just like these. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSG1342/Pioneer-TS-G1342R.html?tp=97

And then there's components which have the tweeter separated from the woofer. These are usually much clearer sounding and the preferred for most car enthusiast. Such as these. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130TSA1302/Pioneer-TS-A1302C.html?tp=97

The components are usually double the price of coaxials. but worth it in my opinion.
If your planning on getting 2 sets of components you should keep in mind that you will most likely need to find a place to mount the tweeters. There are tons of different locations. In my car i happen to have sail panels in the front so I just put mine there, which is where they should be. Other than that you can use custom mounts that are included with your speaker set, or you can cut holes and mount them in there. As far as I know, there aren't really any cars that have sail panels on the back doors, but I could be wrong.

gearhound17
04-30-2009, 03:27 PM
A bit off topic but I was looking at my MIL's Prius and it has mids & tweets in the back doors as well as front.
The quality you get from components is soooo much better than coaxials.
Get the components.
Or listen to them both. You will see.

jerseyboy
04-30-2009, 03:29 PM
A bit off topic but I was looking at my MIL's Prius and it has mids & tweets in the back doors as well as front.
The quality you get from components is soooo much better than coaxials.
Get the components.
Or listen to them both. You will see.

how does it sound in the prius?