PDA

View Full Version : Going active....maybe??

07ramjam
04-29-2009, 03:59 PM
I made a thread about which is better the Kenwood x993 or the Eclipse 7200 and some said "why spend the extra money if youre not going active"??

HHHmmm....after thinking about it Im interested in doing that.I feel Im up to the challenge.I did a search and there is so much info its hard to absorb it all and try to make it work for my equipment.Heres what Im working with.I have the 6.5 Alpine Type X ref's.Right now I have them powered passively with a ED Nine.2x and they sound pretty nice.I have a friend who's selling a Kicker zx 350.4 for like 75.00.Its 60x4(I think),would this be enough power to run the Alpines active?

Any advice you all could give me would be great.Is going active going to make my system sound better,I mean is it really worth the extra effort?

James Bang
04-29-2009, 04:01 PM
don't get into it if you're not ready for a whole new world like aladin.

07ramjam
04-29-2009, 04:09 PM
don't get into it if you're not ready for a whole new world like alladin.

You know what,Ive thought about that.I dont consider myself a beginner by any means and Im also not an expert.I feel I have a pretty good idea of what Im doing when it comes to this stuff.I spent many years on the home theater side of things so I feel my audio knowledge is better than most.I really think Im ready to give this a shot.

James Bang
04-29-2009, 04:22 PM
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398166

have fun.

07ramjam
04-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Well OK then....Im thinking maybe Im wrong.Maybe Im not ready for that.Wow,thats some good reading and a serious reality check.Thanks for showing me the way Jedi master!!;)