PDA

View Full Version : 6x8's for my car

jcolley
04-25-2009, 04:32 PM
I have a 2000 Ford Contour that has 6x8 stock speakers in it. I have been trying to find some speakers to replace these with, but as I am on a budget have had trouble finding many choices. I would like to keep my price around 100 dollars shipped for two pairs. If it is a great deal, I may be able to get more money for them though. I have everything else picked out that I want to have for my system. They are as follows: Pioneer Premier DEH-410UB, 2 12" Diamond Audio D3's, Crunch P1500.1, Crunch P1800.4 (subject to change if speakers require), and Soundstream XTS6.8's right now. I'm not too sure about the Soundstream's though because I don't really know much at all about them.

fasfocus00
04-25-2009, 04:35 PM
if you want to keep the stock size, I got 2 pairs of Powerbass L-682 I could sell you for $90 shipped. these are 3 ohm speakers. on the other hand if you want to run a 6.5in speaker I got 1/2in MDF adapter for $15shipped per pair bare or $16 shipped per pair painted flat/gloss black. pm me and we'll see what we can work out.

adio25
04-25-2009, 04:58 PM
No point in getting 4 pairs of mediocre speakers, leave the back 2 stock speakers running off the HU or remove them all together to create a sub port to the cabin. Then get a pair of nice 6.5" comps with a 6x8 to 6.5" adapter for the front.

jcolley
04-25-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm not sure how much space I have between the mounting location in my front door and the door panel to accommodate the adapters. If there is enough room for an adapter and speakers, I would love to run 6.5" comps, but I don't know how to go about mounting a tweeter and I am not too excited about making modifications to the door. Are there other ways that I can mount the tweeter other than in the doors? I have, unfortunately, not been able to see many aftermarket systems to see how people would do this. If my rear speakers were in the rear deck, I wouldn't have worried about replacing them and used the holes to allow air passage for my subs, but they are in the doors so that would have no effect on the subs. I want to have speakers in the rear for when I have passengers in my car. What grade are the aforementioned speakers in comparison to other more popular brands? I haven't been able to find much information on them or any others in the series on any forums I have searched. If I do this and it effects my sound too much, I'll simply not use them unless I have passengers or I need it louder. Any suggestions for comps to use around the $100 range or close including the cost of adapters? I apologize for being so lengthy. :( Thank you for making it through this and any help you may have. :)